My Stealth Cam I590 pictures

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
For Christmas, Steph gave me a new game camera. My last one was a Stealth Cam and it worked great for 3 years. I kept it going year round and guess it took thousands and thousands of pictures. I think I just wore it out, but don't really know for sure what happened to it. The flash stopped working and then it just wouldn't take any pictures.

I tried a few other brands, but didn't care for them. I wanted to have 2 game cameras, but ended up taking all of the other brands back and was going to buy another Stealth Cam for my second game camera.

Here are a few of the 249 pictures that it took this week.

Eddie

Attachments

• 2009 January 10 005 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 005 (Small).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 551
  • 2009 January 10 008 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 008 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 2009 January 10 009 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 009 (Small).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 2009 January 10 010 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 010 (Small).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 2009 January 10 015 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 015 (Small).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 2009 January 10 016 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 016 (Small).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 482
  • 2009 January 10 017 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 017 (Small).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 568
  • 2009 January 10 024 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 024 (Small).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 485
  • 2009 January 10 025 (Small).jpg
    2009 January 10 025 (Small).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 528
   / My Stealth Cam I590 pictures
I almost forgot, it cost $99.

Eddie

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #3  
Those are quite nice quality. love the ears in the second last picture
ive been wanting one temporarily for the driveway but am afraid it will just get stolen. do the night vision units still have a flash?

My experience with Infra Red cameras wasn't what I'd hoped for. They don't have a flash, but their nighttime pictures are black and white. I don't seem to have any problem with a flash scaring off the animals, though I'm not getting any pics of any whitetail bucks, I don't think that has anything to do with the flash.

Eddie

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #5  
LOL... That's some pretty smart racoons. I gotta get me one of those cameras. Many of the city folk don't believe the critters we have out here in the sticks. I find tracks all the time. I wonder if the motion sensor would work on snakes?

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #6  
I almost forgot, it cost $99.

Eddie

WOW! Great quality for $99. Does it use an SD chip? My Moultrie can't hold a candle to the quality of your pictures. Those hog pictures are suitable for framing.:D

EDIT: I don't need the details. I just searched and found it at Cabelas. I may just have to get one of those so I can have two. My Moultrie isn't set to it's highest resolution and it has bells and whistles I don't use much like the built-in preview screen, but your $99 camera sure seems to have a bright flash and great resolution.

Last edited:
You should see the pictures before I shrunk them down to size to post them!!! The detail is just amazing. Even at night with the flash, you cans see individual hairs on the the animals.

We also like the features at the bottom of each picture. The temperature was a surprise to us, but real nice to know. The moon phase might be good to know with long term watching what the animals do and when they do it.

Yes, it uses an SD card. It also takes video clips, but I haven't tried that yet. Not sure if it's something we want or not. Don't know how it will work at night and we figure it might eat up allot of battery life filming birds eating corn during the day.

Speaking of batteries, I chose this one because it's 12 volt. I have 8 C batteries in it right now, but I'm going to run a wire from the game camera to my feeder and use that battery to power both. I have a solar cell and rechargeable 12 volt battery on the feeder, so it should be a simple job of powering the camera off of the same battery. Some of the game cameras are 6 volt, so it was important to get a 12 volt camera this time.

Eddie

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #8  
Shame on you:) Camera like that is on my list and I don't need no tempting to spend money:)

Great pictures, thanks.

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #9  
My experience with Infra Red cameras wasn't what I'd hoped for. They don't have a flash, but their nighttime pictures are black and white. I don't seem to have any problem with a flash scaring off the animals, though I'm not getting any pics of any whitetail bucks, I don't think that has anything to do with the flash.

Eddie

Very sharp pictures! I have a flash on mine and it doesn't seem to bother the animals. I have actually had a series of pictures where deer have sensed the camera, walked up and stuck their noses on the lenses, and got flashed point blank. Then they go back to feeding.

/ My Stealth Cam I590 pictures #10  
LOL... That's some pretty smart racoons. ..................

I have round baffle plates on my bird feeders pipes which stop squirrels and 'coons. I started getting raided and I finally saw that Mamma 'coon was boosting Jr over the baffle and Jr was tossing the seed down. Criminal in training. :D