Turkeys and a Squirrel

/ Turkeys and a Squirrel #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
I set my Moultrie Game Camera to movies last week and got several 10 second segments that I pasted together for a longer movie. It's only 320 x 240, but it's fun to watch the turkeys milling around my feeder. The last two segments show my kitty, Batman, coming into the picture and watching the birds. He loves to stalk and chase them around but they mostly ignore him. If he ever gets ahold of one, he may wish he'd kept his distance.:D

A Few Turkeys and a Squirrel

/ Turkeys and a Squirrel #2  
I set my Moultrie Game Camera to movies last week and got several 10 second segments that I pasted together for a longer movie. It's only 320 x 240, but it's fun to watch the turkeys milling around my feeder. The last two segments show my kitty, Batman, coming into the picture and watching the birds. He loves to stalk and chase them around but they mostly ignore him. If he ever gets ahold of one, he may wish he'd kept his distance.:D

A Few Turkeys and a Squirrel

Cool:D funny:D , They certainly break the monotony when I deer hunt. I have couple dozen and half of turkeys that make my acreage their home. They have the bankers hours and start about 9:00 am and keep foraging till 1/2 hr before dark. I just had a point and shoot camera but they were so close I could have chucked a rock at them and hit them at times.

JC,

dsc07227ia7.jpg

/ Turkeys and a Squirrel #3  
You hardly ever see turkey's around here.

Kyle

/ Turkeys and a Squirrel #4  
Down here, I think I have only seen 2 full grown turkey's in my entire life. One I saw had a trail of about 6 babies behind her. That's all I've ever seen. Though we have plenty of deer. Theres a pack of them that have been roaming the property and surrounding woods for about the last 3 years. They get as close as about 10 feet from the house while they eat the hedges.

/ Turkeys and a Squirrel #5  
hahah, thats pretty funny.....

which moultree did you go with.....it seems to do a pretty good job....

thanks for sharing

/ Turkeys and a Squirrel
which moultree did you go with.....it seems to do a pretty good job....

My camera is the Cabelas's model made by Moultrie. It's called an "Outfitter Cam" and is 5 Megapixels. It has a laser for pointing the camera and a 45' flash. It can take several resolutions of still photos and even has a handheld mode. The picture review screen is something I don't use often. I bring the SD card into the house and download the pictures to my computer. I can't imagine sitting there and going through 300 pictures on that little screen. That ain't gonna happen.

I think the flash should be a lot better too (more powerful). Eddie Walker's new game camera is a lot less expensive and it's flash is much more powerful. Of course, the flash doesn't matter for video. It only shoots video in daylight. At night, it switches to still camera and flash. The thing that irritates me about that is that the camera is smart enough to figure out it needs to switch to still, but the resolution is whatever you have the video set for. So, the still pictures are also 320 x 240 and very grainy. If you set it for still only, the pictures are high resolution. Why can't the darn camera switch resolution when it switches to still?

Anyhow, you can go to Cabelas online and look at all their cameras. I'd suggest buying one just like Eddie Walkers. He has some great shots with terrific resolution and color from a $99 camera (I forgot the brand). Heck, Maybe I'll buy one like his for stlls and set this Moultrie to video so I can have the best of both worlds. This stuff is addictive.:D