73HP 115 Ton Log Splitter

/ 73HP 115 Ton Log Splitter #1  

Roscoe294

Bronze Member
My friend built this log splitter and cant find a stump or log that will stop it. 73HP, 115 ton, and 6-way adjustable wedge. Its also for sale. PM me if interested and I'll hook you up with him.

Attachments

• blue splitter small.jpg
    blue splitter small.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,816
  • blue splitter small2.jpg
    blue splitter small2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,429
  • blue splitter small3.jpg
    blue splitter small3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,203
   / 73HP 115 Ton Log Splitter #3  
And how do you propose to get such large logs up onto the splitting rail, I don't see any hyd assist.

/ 73HP 115 Ton Log Splitter
Nice workmanship but what's the point of such a huge splitter?? MikeD74T

And how do you propose to get such large logs up onto the splitting rail, I don't see any hyd assist.

This looks like the same splitter. only painted. Now, I see how the logs are loaded.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0d1246242014-73hp-90-ton-log-splitter-009.jpg

A lot of tree companies discard or burn the huge logs and the huge bottoms of trees because they dont want to waste the time cutting them into firewood. Firewood here in Mi. has turned into a very profitable business. This splitter breaks those pieces down so they are manageable and sellable as firewood or split logs. The splitter is easily loaded from either side by tractor/ skidsteer or excavator. It looks similiar to the other splitter but has more splitting force, bigger adjustable 6-way wedge, hyd log stabilizers...etc.

After you split the long pieces, do you cut them into shorter pieces with a chain saw, or run them through a wood processor? Like this.

The 115 ton splitter (blue/grey) is still brand new and hasnt seen any work other than some demo splitting. The other 90 ton splitter (red) I posted on here in a separate thread is the one that has been used for the past couple years. When I borrow it, I use my chainsaw(s) on the split lengths and cut the pieces to size for my outdoor boiler. My budddy sells the split lengths by the truck load. The Woodbine looks nice tho...

/ 73HP 115 Ton Log Splitter #8  
My friend built this log splitter and cant find a stump or log that will stop it. 73HP, 115 ton, and 6-way adjustable wedge. Its also for sale. PM me if interested and I'll hook you up with him.

That's a nice splitter!!

I would like to have it to split 11 trees i have on the ground.

I have been working 3 days splitting 4 big trees with a 26-ton splitter.

Does he make these just to sell ?

And would he make a smaller one about a 60-ton ?

Where do you & your friend live ?

That's a nice splitter!!

I would like to have it to split 11 trees i have on the ground.

I have been working 3 days splitting 4 big trees with a 26-ton splitter.

Does he make these just to sell ?

And would he make a smaller one about a 60-ton ?

Where do you & your friend live ?

Thanks...
He has only made two of these splitters and said he cant start another one until he sells this one. He said he would like to make a smaller splitter...like one that would take 4' logs but I'm unsure of the ton.
We live in Southeastern Michigan

/ 73HP 115 Ton Log Splitter #10  
Thanks...
He has only made two of these splitters and said he cant start another one until he sells this one. He said he would like to make a smaller splitter...like one that would take 4' logs but I'm unsure of the ton.
We live in Southeastern Michigan

OK Thanks.