Northern deer vs Southern deer pic

/ Northern deer vs Southern deer pic #21  
yes ,this coyote was taken on my property,like I said very unusual,but we do have a strain of different colored coyotes;;there also have been a few all blacks taken over the years..........throw back to wolves???????
This one was average size about 35 lbs:but they do get up to 50-60lbs.

/ Northern deer vs Southern deer pic #22  
Well, regardless of an elk vs a deer being depicted, there is a distinct difference in size between Southeastern deer and those in the West. I grew up hunting deer in Utah, and when I left there for a job in South Carolina 30 years ago, I took a 7mm Rem mag. First time I went hunting in SC, I watched a load of deer wander through a field without my even thinking about taking a shot. What I thinking....was....why are there so many yearlings around, and in herds. Then a "yearling" appeared with an 8 point rack, which precipitated are a rather rapid reassessment of what size of deer inhabited SC. So, the 7mm nailed the deer, except it took 50 yards before it keeled over, and I couldn't tell the entrance from exit wound. The bullet just passed through, without expanding. So, I thought about that for awhile, and purchased a 243.....works just fine (yes, I know all about the "thin skinned game" bullets, but 30 years ago such didn't exist). And, y'all, though we have to shoot more deer (a hardship.....more time hunting, and away from the weekend "honeydo" list....a tragedy, in fact) to obtain a decent supply of venison, it, in general, is far more tender than that of the larger deer.

/ Northern deer vs Southern deer pic #23  
Took this southern deer yesterday morning. This deer had passed his prime, I would of loved to of seen this deer 1 to 2 years ago. The place on his forhead was somthing I don't usually see.

DSC05088.jpg

DSC05098.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

/ Northern deer vs Southern deer pic #24  
Jwillett.
By the looks of the rack that ole fellow seen better day.

Congrats,may he be tender like fresh baked loaf of bread. :)

/ Northern deer vs Southern deer pic #25  
Ditto Thomas' tenderness wishes.

The place on the forehead - could it be scar tissue where hair doesn't grow? Maybe from rut fights or car encounter?
Dave.