Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,121  
This is such a fun thread. I really enjoy seeing the photos and hearing the stories!

/ Dog pics #1,125  
Bob, I have never meet a dog I didn't like, but it is sure hard to beat a good shepherd. Yours was a good looking dog. I really wasn't looking for another dog and swore if I ever wanted one I would check the rescue. Then I saw the photo of that one, if I had a good picture of the one who was my partner you would swearer it was the same dog. First Christmas present to myself and now owe my wife big time! After I tell her!!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

That shepherd found me, someone had abandoned him.

/ Dog pics #1,126  
Ok, here's a dog story. I used to live in Maine and was plowing in February after a 12' to 18" fluffy snowfall with big winds. It was tough to plow because I was running out of places and it kept falling in on itself. Anyway, it was a bright sunny calm day, maybe 10 degrees and I had been plowing for a couple hours. We (me and dog) sat in the truck looking out into the field and saw a series of "puffs" in the snow as though someone had an air hose under the snow and was letting bursts go. What the...?.. as we watched it for a few minutes.

Suddenly, part of an animal appeared and we strained to make out what it was. Good grief, out in the middle of a 50 acre field in the middle of nowhere it was a short legged Beagle. Overweight, too I'll add. I plowed as far as I could and we dragged it back to the truck. It had a collar on and was pretty tired and cold. My dog was going ballistic with this carpetbagger on our turf. We put the dog in the cab and warmed him. He was as docile as could be and I brought him in the kitchen. He ate maybe six or more cups of food and drank a lot of water and then fell asleep on one of our other dogs beds. He slept like a rock.

We called the town office and they tracked the owner to someone about four miles away, over bad roads that was searching for this dog. They couldn't come over for a few hours so we dog sat as he nearly ate us out of hose and home. How that dog ever made it those four miles in a blizzard and then made it through a snowfall taller than he was is a mystery. But he did it. Later dog and kids were reunited all was good again. My dogs took a while to unwind but that's OK. Oh, not that it was expected but the people never said thank you.

/ Dog pics #1,127  
Good story sixdogs. The nose knows. He was scenting for home and in the blizzard conditions the wind was blowing every which way. Sometimes I believe dogs get by more on love of home and instinct than food and water. I agree, great thread and I've never met a dog I didn't like either. Though some owners still have a way to go! :laughing:

/ Dog pics #1,128  
Ok, here's a dog story. I used to live in Maine and was plowing in February after a 12' to 18" fluffy snowfall with big winds. It was tough to plow because I was running out of places and it kept falling in on itself. Anyway, it was a bright sunny calm day, maybe 10 degrees and I had been plowing for a couple hours. We (me and dog) sat in the truck looking out into the field and saw a series of "puffs" in the snow as though someone had an air hose under the snow and was letting bursts go. What the...?.. as we watched it for a few minutes.

Suddenly, part of an animal appeared and we strained to make out what it was. Good grief, out in the middle of a 50 acre field in the middle of nowhere it was a short legged Beagle. Overweight, too I'll add. I plowed as far as I could and we dragged it back to the truck. It had a collar on and was pretty tired and cold. My dog was going ballistic with this carpetbagger on our turf. We put the dog in the cab and warmed him. He was as docile as could be and I brought him in the kitchen. He ate maybe six or more cups of food and drank a lot of water and then fell asleep on one of our other dogs beds. He slept like a rock.

We called the town office and they tracked the owner to someone about four miles away, over bad roads that was searching for this dog. They couldn't come over for a few hours so we dog sat as he nearly ate us out of hose and home. How that dog ever made it those four miles in a blizzard and then made it through a snowfall taller than he was is a mystery. But he did it. Later dog and kids were reunited all was good again. My dogs took a while to unwind but that's OK. Oh, not that it was expected but the people never said thank you.

Good story. :thumbsup: Lucky for him, you saw his puffs.

/ Dog pics #1,129  
Clean? yes Happy? no.
His name is Chop, he lives here now, with his brother, Spike.