Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,503  
Jesse, nice family of German Shepard's you have there, are they related? I have 4 Bella the mom of Junior and Bentley separate litters and Wido who I imported last year. By the way nice red vehicle what year?

They're not related but I did buy them all from the same breeder.

The truck is a '56 White WC22PLT. It's the same model truck that Dad drove. I also have the second truck he drove, a '59 White 4400TD.

Attachments

• IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    634.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    774.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    930.3 KB · Views: 111
   / Dog pics #1,505  
This is Bella.

Full%20Size%20%28Screen%20Sharpen%29%20DSC-6218-L.jpg

Full%20Size%20%28Screen%20Sharpen%29%20DSC-6243-L.jpg

She was ours for a short while. She appears to be primarily a German Shorthaired Pointer. Someone dumped her in our area, and she circled our house for a week. She would eat and drink the food and water we put out, but wouldn't come within 50 feet of us.

Finally, we got her in the yard. I held a treat in my hand and she took it after a few minutes. Then within 30 minutes, all she wanted was for me to love on her.

We took her to the vet and got all her shots taken care of. And she had not been spayed. We got ALL that done.

We already have 2 other rescue dogs - Molly and Sammie. And, unfortunately, Bella and Molly didn't like each other much.

So my wife insisted that we try to find her a good home. Not just any home, but a GOOD home.

Through divine providence, we found a lady whose beloved beagle had died. She was looking for another dog to love, and wanted a dog that could go run 5 miles a day with her. Bella is a high energy dog, and it turned out to be a match made in heaven.

I was absolutely smitten by Bella, and really wanted to keep her. But in retrospect, it was better for Bella (and for Sammie and Molly). I've since talked to the lady, and Bella is as happy as a clam at high tide, so it's a happy ending anyway.

/ Dog pics #1,506  
This is Bella.

She was ours for a short while. She appears to be primarily a German Shorthaired Pointer. Someone dumped her in our area, and she circled our house for a week. She would eat and drink the food and water we put out, but wouldn't come within 50 feet of us.

Finally, we got her in the yard. I held a treat in my hand and she took it after a few minutes. Then within 30 minutes, all she wanted was for me to love on her.

We took her to the vet and got all her shots taken care of. And she had not been spayed. We got ALL that done.

We already have 2 other rescue dogs - Molly and Sammie. And, unfortunately, Bella and Molly didn't like each other much.

So my wife insisted that we try to find her a good home. Not just any home, but a GOOD home.

Through divine providence, we found a lady whose beloved beagle had died. She was looking for another dog to love, and wanted a dog that could go run 5 miles a day with her. Bella is a high energy dog, and it turned out to be a match made in heaven.

I was absolutely smitten by Bella, and really wanted to keep her. But in retrospect, it was better for Bella (and for Sammie and Molly). I've since talked to the lady, and Bella is as happy as a clam at high tide, so it's a happy ending anyway.

Thanks PP for the story and nice ending for Bella. Sometimes what's best for a loved one isn't what we want. Glad to hear she's happy.

/ Dog pics #1,507  
This is Bella.

Full%20Size%20%28Screen%20Sharpen%29%20DSC-6218-L.jpg

Full%20Size%20%28Screen%20Sharpen%29%20DSC-6243-L.jpg

That's as good a Christmas story as any! Thanks for sharing it with us!

/ Dog pics #1,509  
This is Gunner. He's a 10yr old GSD/Husky. He's my hiking and camping companion, loves to chase deer and loves to play.

image-2194400540.jpg

I'll never have another one like him, best dog ever.