Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,931  
Losing this dog is going to kill us both. He and I are joined at the him as my wife says, but she holds him and carries him around like a baby all the time and he just eats it up.

We use to do a lot of rescue work with dogs. Have had my heart broken 5 times in the last 13 years with our own. No doubt will shed more tears, but the reality is there is ALWAYS a great dog looking for a home. As much hurt as I feel, the way I see it is the life we've given them is more than they could ever expect to what they had. Always remember I've been blessed to have them in my life, and I would like to think the same on their end.

Here is the scary part... There are children in our society that seem to be no different than dogs, and that's from first hand experience. You can't pick family, but sometimes the family can pick you.

/ Dog pics #1,932  
We use to do a lot of rescue work with dogs. Have had my heart broken 5 times in the last 13 years with our own. No doubt will shed more tears, but the reality is there is ALWAYS a great dog looking for a home. As much hurt as I feel, the way I see it is the life we've given them is more than they could ever expect to what they had. Always remember I've been blessed to have them in my life, and I would like to think the same on their end.

Here is the scary part... There are children in our society that seem to be no different than dogs, and that's from first hand experience. You can't pick family, but sometimes the family can pick you.

Amen bro. Last tour was as a Child Sex Abuse Investigator. I've seen enough child abuse to keep me up at nights.
Dano

/ Dog pics #1,933  
Amen bro. Last tour was as a Child Sex Abuse Investigator. I've seen enough child abuse to keep me up at nights.
Dano

Thing is, you think it would be easier with kids per issues because they can talk where as with dogs, you have no clue...

I always use to think that a man was what he made of himself with no external factors in play. From my own experiences, it seems that you can be dealt a bad hand early in life that can be almost impossible to escape from on how that will shape your future. I've been blessed, just trying to instill that into our boys, and the dogs, well I guess they just take it for granted LOL

/ Dog pics #1,934  
OK, time to lighten up a bit. What do you think Jasper is thinking?

image-1115101180.jpg

/ Dog pics #1,936  

View attachment 518506

Airedale? Uncle had and Airedale back when I was about 17. That dog was a hoot. Always doing something
that would make you laugh. But he was one heck of a watch dog for his two girls. If one of them raised her
voice you would hear that dogs rumbling growl and his feet hitting the floor like a freight train running to
check it out. Lord help the person if one of those girls said "get him". His name was Hatchet. Never
will for get that Airedale.
Dano

/ Dog pics #1,937  

View attachment 518506

That dog has seen it enough to know that the cup in front of him means food is nearby or on the way. He's thinking how to claim his portion of the goods or if not that, a sympathy dog bone or whatever. Great pic.

/ Dog pics #1,938  

"ok, I am comfortable, I hope you don't mind the floor". :D

/ Dog pics #1,939  
Airedale? Uncle had and Airedale back when I was about 17. That dog was a hoot. Always doing something that would make you laugh. But he was one heck of a watch dog for his two girls. If one of them raised her voice you would hear that dogs rumbling growl and his feet hitting the floor like a freight train running to check it out. Lord help the person if one of those girls said "get him". His name was Hatchet. Never will for get that Airedale. Dano

Yup, he's an Airedale, and as loony as they get! Very playful, and will break out into a spin at anytime. Sometimes he just goes ripping around in circles just for fun.

Here is what he does when you say the word "squirrel":

image-4088797412.jpg

Not much of a guard dog, however. He would invite any burglar in who came by, greeting him/her happily.

Oh, well, at least he barks when he hears someone come to the door!