Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,972  
That is a beautiful dog Paul. Looks like she picked the master she wanted. I hope your wife is able to build up a tolerance to her.

/ Dog pics #1,973  
fatechickens.jpg

"Mom, what are those? They look delici...uh...I mean, they look like they need protection!"

Daughter brought the pup down to our place. I still have between 3 and 4 acres fenced in from when I ran sheep, so it's the perfect place to exercise her and work on her off-leash voice commands.

Dang smart dog, did really well with "Come" and "No!" commands. Once we tore her away from the chicken pen that is...:licking:

/ Dog pics #1,975  
It's called a doggie buffet. :dog:

I've absolutely no doubt whatever that she would chase and kill one given the chance.

Dunno if she'd eat it or not, but I know where the smart money would go.

Just a training issue tho. The last dog I had before the wife developed her allergies would go right in the coop with me and never bat an eye at the chickens. In fact, when the %)(* starlings would get in there, I'd open the door, shoo the dog in, wait for the dust to settle and open the door. The Grump would trot out with 3 or 4 starlings in her mouth and a few that she was done playing with laying on the floor. Again, never touch a feather on a chicken.

/ Dog pics #1,976  
Surprised the Grump would kill Starlings. I've tried to feed them to the cats but they will take one whiff of the scent and walk away.

/ Dog pics #1,977  
Good looking dog Paul best of luck with her

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Dog pics #1,978  
Surprised the Grump would kill Starlings. I've tried to feed them to the cats but they will take one whiff of the scent and walk away.

grumpfears.jpg

The Grumpasaurus was a seriously weird dog.

Ate them starlings, bones, beak and all.

LOVED June Bugs. Early Summer evening, turn on the back door light and she'd be out there catching and eating them all night if you'd let her.

She'd dig up grubs out of the lawn and eat them.

I even saw her devouring the remains of bluejays on several occasions. Never did figure out if she was catching them or finding dead ones.

Absolute death on rodents of any type. Rats, mice, chipmunks, ground squirrels, you name it, she'd catch it and eat it, or die trying.