Dog pics

/ Dog pics #2,091  
What breeds?

The big one is a rescue. Best dog I've ever had. I just sent away his DNA to Wisdom Panel to have him checked out. He is 50% Rhodesian Ridgeback, 25% Cattle dog, and 25% Shar-pei. That dog is so smart and loyal it is actually spooky. It's like he truly understands the english language. The puppy is a purebred Rhodesian Ridgeback. She is a handful. Her athletic ability is remarkable. She can RUN along side me on my mountain bike for 10 miles and not ever open her mouth to pant. It's obvious why these dogs were originally breed to hunt lions in South Africa. You can't tire one out.

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #2,092  
The big one is a rescue. Best dog I've ever had. I just sent away his DNA to Wisdom Panel to have him checked out. He is 50% Rhodesian Ridgeback, 25% Cattle dog, and 25% Shar-pei. That dog is so smart and loyal it is actually spooky. It's like he truly understands the english language. The puppy is a purebred Rhodesian Ridgeback. She is a handful. Her athletic ability is remarkable. She can RUN along side me on my mountain bike for 10 miles and not ever open her mouth to pant. It's obvious why these dogs were originally breed to hunt lions in South Africa. You can't tire one out.

That explains the white blaze on the big one, from the cattle dog, probably some of the brains too. You know what they say about collies, do not excercise them too much or they become athletes with infinite capacity, sounds like RRB are that way too.

/ Dog pics #2,093  
I had a cattledog who would play fetch all day if you let him. If you just had one ball, he'd trap it under his paws until he caught his breath a little and you'd never get him tired out. But if you had two, you could throw/hit one when he was most of the way back and he'd drop the one he had and chase the other. Do that for about ten minutes and he'd finally get winded enough you could do something else for a bit. When he'd recovered again a ball would land in your lap or by your feet. If you didn't notice, he had a piercing bark that he used to good effect.

/ Dog pics #2,094  
Glad I found the dog forum! 210 pages...I know what I'll be doing the rest of the evening...

Big-time dog lovers here. We're down to three which is practically an emergency. Both my wife and I are former directors of a small shelter in CO and we support the local one here as much as possible.

Which reminds me...if you shop a lot on Amazon like we do, check out Amazon Smile. Instead of logging into Amazon you log into the "Smile" website (smile.amazon.com). Nothing is different except that you can donate a small portion of each purchase to a charity of your designation.

For the first time in our nearly 30 years of marriage we each bought a puppy from a breeder in the last year and a half. We've always had rescue dogs. Still have one...a little Jack Russell we named "Woody". He's so chubby now I affectionately call him a Brat Russell Terrier. He was badly abused as a puppy and we got him from the shelter because he needed surgery to repair a leg tendon and the shelter couldn't afford it.

I also have a one year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Isabella and my wife has Hairy, a nearly two year old cattle dog. They are definitely Beastie Besties...inseparable.

Woody:
DSC_0037 (2).JPG

Isabella and Hairy:
DSC_2680.JPG

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #2,095  
Great pics of all three but especially the cattle dog.

/ Dog pics #2,097  
I had a cattledog who would play fetch all day if you let him. If you just had one ball, he'd trap it under his paws until he caught his breath a little and you'd never get him tired out. But if you had two, you could throw/hit one when he was most of the way back and he'd drop the one he had and chase the other. Do that for about ten minutes and he'd finally get winded enough you could do something else for a bit. When he'd recovered again a ball would land in your lap or by your feet. If you didn't notice, he had a piercing bark that he used to good effect.

My German Shepherd is the same way with a ball. We buy new balls in pairs, and a Chuck it wand sure saves on the old elbows :D She also makes a wonderful baby sitter. Get her in the back yard with any kids and they wear each other out :D

/ Dog pics #2,098  
pdpicnic.jpg

Puppy Dog Picnic. Nothing bigger than a mosquito comes up that driveway without those dogs (and everybody within a quarter mile...) knowing about it.