Flying dog
Jumping the 8' cattle guard with ease
With a big smile

Attachments

• whipperjumping1.jpg
    whipperjumping1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 260
   / Dog pics #292  
Nice dog and action pic Don! How'd you get that shot? Did it take a few tries?

/ Dog pics #293  
Whipper follows my wife on walks. If Whip gets too far ahead she jumps back. I have see her do this from a standing position. This was the best of three pictures over a 3 minute time frame. Whip loves to jump.

Attachments

• whip2.jpg
    whip2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 306
   / Dog pics #294  
Nice! Love the 2nd pic too. Looks like a fun time!

/ Dog pics #295  
Flying dog
Jumping the 8' cattle guard with ease
With a big smile

Awesome pics. Good thing cows are dumb as dirt and clumsy as, well, umm, cattle, and can't copy the nimble dog's trick. :D:laughing::D

/ Dog pics #296  
Whipper follows my wife on walks. If Whip gets too far ahead she jumps back. I have see her do this from a standing position. This was the best of three pictures over a 3 minute time frame. Whip loves to jump.

Great picture:thumbsup:

Just keep in mind, jumping on hard surfaces, even grass, can get hard on a dogs joints over time due to the landings. I had a vet bring that to my attention some time ago, and never gave it much thought at the time, but I do now.

/ Dog pics #297  
We have got two Standard Poodles; bother and sister. Their tails were bobbed before we got them as puppies. They are now a little over a year old. It does seem to bother the one dog especially. It does make the dogs look different with a full tail but I don't see the point to unnecessarily cut the tail.

They both have tons of energy and are trained to not go out of the side yard and if we are out back in the garden they are trained to not cross the sidewalk. They obey extremely well.The male is more easy going and will be your friend if you will pet him. The other is obsessed with playing fetch and chasing the spot from a laser. She will do those things endlessly but is not to keen on being touched.

The male is the Yankees fan.
View attachment 194327
View attachment 194326

I just thought I'd post an unfortunate update. The female dog (Nora) passed yesterday. She got the disease which sometimes occurs in purebred dogs where the immune system attacks the red blood cells. She was at the vet for a week and then everyone thought maybe she would survive cause the vet said the third day is normally what determines that. She came home and was improving over about a week but when her medication was reduced it relapsed and.....
We had a little funeral this morning and buried her in a corner of the yard. We need to come up with a marker for the grave. She was mostly my mom's dog so it is hardest on her but she was loved by everyone. About one and a quarter years old. It is amazing how attached you can get to a dog.

Take care,

/ Dog pics #298  
I just thought I'd post an unfortunate update. The female dog (Nora) passed yesterday. She got the disease which sometimes occurs in purebred dogs where the immune system attacks the red blood cells. She was at the vet for a week and then everyone thought maybe she would survive cause the vet said the third day is normally what determines that. She came home and was improving over about a week but when her medication was reduced it relapsed and.....
We had a little funeral this morning and buried her in a corner of the yard. We need to come up with a marker for the grave. She was mostly my mom's dog so it is hardest on her but she was loved by everyone. About one and a quarter years old. It is amazing how attached you can get to a dog.

Take care,

Yes, it is amazing how attached we become. My condolences - it's tough particularly when you consider how much love they give us from day one.