Dog pics

/ Dog pics #331  
How many of you folk's dog's like to ride on the tractor with you? Mine absolutely loves riding on anything, she spent thursday with a little time on a skid steer, my massey and a 140 farmall raking hay. Then today on my tractor and the 140 raking again, she's spoiled i guess. Wish I had gotten some pics.

Mine fight me for the seat......:D

Attachments

• tractor 014.jpg
    tractor 014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 236
   / Dog pics #332  
Here is our Golden Retriever Lucy. She is very special to us, primarily because she has a liver shunt and the vet wasn't very optimistic about her being around too long. She was diagnosed with the liver shunt when she was 10 months old and now she just turned 2 years old. It's been a battle but worth it.

IMG_0595.jpg

/ Dog pics #333  
Here is our Golden Retriever Lucy. She is very special to us, primarily because she has a liver shunt and the vet wasn't very optimistic about her being around too long. She was diagnosed with the liver shunt when she was 10 months old and now she just turned 2 years old. It's been a battle but worth it.

IMG_0595.jpg

Browny, Here's the wifeys dog "Joey".......he was diagnosed when he was 5 yrs old with liver shunt....Mini Long Haired Dachshund

With low protein medicated food from the vet (prescription diet) and watching like a hawk what he eats......he basically is our vegetarian dog.....and he's already turned 11 yrs old......No meat, cheese or any protein.....

the vet every year cannot believe he's growing old cuz they originally told us he had 1 to 2 yrs to live.......

Attachments

• fall2006 002.jpg
    fall2006 002.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 137
   / Dog pics #334  
Browny, Here's the wifeys dog "Joey".......he was diagnosed when he was 5 yrs old with liver shunt....Mini Long Haired Dachshund

With low protein medicated food from the vet (prescription diet) and watching like a hawk what he eats......he basically is our vegetarian dog.....and he's already turned 11 yrs old......No meat, cheese or any protein.....

the vet every year cannot believe he's growing old cuz they originally told us he had 1 to 2 yrs to live.......

That is awesome! We were told Lucy would have 8-10 months after she was diagnosed with the LS. We have her on Royal Canin Hepatic LS14 and other medications/supplements. We could have gone with the surgery but we figured it was too risky, plus with ultrasound and the surgery we were quoted at $7,000 to have it done. I joined a dog liver disease support group on yahoo and they have been very helpful with the things we need to do for Lucy. She has had no symptoms(drooling, wandering aimlessly) for over 1 year. I hope we have her as long as your Joey.

/ Dog pics #335  
Here's the most recent pictures of my dog making sure my JD was ready to mow the lawn. Her top priorities were seeing if the seat was comfortable and checking the back tires and if it had enough fuel. :thumbsup:;)

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    919.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    905.2 KB · Views: 155
   / Dog pics #336  
That is awesome! We were told Lucy would have 8-10 months after she was diagnosed with the LS. We have her on Royal Canin Hepatic LS14 and other medications/supplements. We could have gone with the surgery but we figured it was too risky, plus with ultrasound and the surgery we were quoted at $7,000 to have it done. I joined a dog liver disease support group on yahoo and they have been very helpful with the things we need to do for Lucy. She has had no symptoms(drooling, wandering aimlessly) for over 1 year. I hope we have her as long as your Joey.

That's good to hear she's doing OK...Hopefully good caregiving will be the best..........we decided against the operation (quoted $3-4000) cuz they said he could have died on the operating table, figuring making him comfortable was best......we had no idea he'd last this long.......

/ Dog pics #337  
That's good to hear she's doing OK...Hopefully good caregiving will be the best..........we decided against the operation (quoted $3-4000) cuz they said he could have died on the operating table, figuring making him comfortable was best......we had no idea he'd last this long.......

I hear you about the operation. I didn't want to put Lucy through all of that, she went through a lot in her first 10 months. She had hypertrophic osteodystrophy(angulation of the front distal limbs) when she was 5 months old, luckily they didn't angle too far out or she would have needed surgery to staighten them out. The vet figured her shunt might have had something to do with that. She is so full of life and energy right now that we are just enjoying her....she pretty much gets do whatever she wants to do....she is super spoiled:D

/ Dog pics #338  
Here's the most recent pictures of my dog making sure my JD was ready to mow the lawn. Her top priorities were seeing if the seat was comfortable and checking the back tires and if it had enough fuel. :thumbsup:;)

What kind of dog is that Jake?

/ Dog pics #339  
Here's our pups.... Bud, aka Bud-oosh, Bud-eelia, Man Dog, Baby Boy, or his favorite Buddy the Love Sponge is the Australian Shepherd / Husky Mix with one "soft eye" and one "fierce" eye... (he has split personalities..)

BooBoo, aka Baby Girl, Boo-balicious, BooBoo Girl, BooBoo Princess, One in a Million Girl Dog... is the Cattle Dog / Mix both as a pup and how she looks now.. She runs the house.

Both are 7 now, and we picked them both up at a shelter in Anna, IL (PAWS). Bud was what got us out an apartment into a house... and BooBoo's story was she was thrown out of a car on a highway in a box. An elderly couple pulled over to get the box out of the road so no one would get hurt and found her dazed and confused in the box, when they went to lift her out they noticed she was wet, the folks that threw her out of the car had shot her in her hip with bird shot... Seeing this story online we drove four hours to pick her up. She doesn't remember any of her early life and is quite the personality. On hearing the story, my co-workers 6 yr old said her name has to be be Boo, as in Bippity Boppidy Boo from Cinderella because she was so lucky we found her. Quite the opposite...

Both, are spoiled - to the point we walk in from outside and they get a treat!

Attachments

• Bud.jpg
    Bud.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 187
  • BooBoo1.jpg
    BooBoo1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 132
  • BooBoo2.jpg
    BooBoo2.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 131