Dog pics

/ Dog pics #551  
Good Mornin Wayne,
That system must be neat to use, of course you do need to keep up, which may be quite difficult in rough terrain ! ;):)

Mine will come in bright and clear till about .8 - .9 mile......then they fade in heavy swamp/mountain cover

I've helped locate other dogs out of range up to 2.95 miles with this..... Garmin Astro Long Range Antenna

/ Dog pics #552  
Hello Scotty, darn haven't heard from you a dogs age. For every mile we do he seems to average 31/2 miles. Nate took him up north hunting an the dog averaged 12 miles each day. I guess all bird dogs (pointers) act the same way. Have you been up to Vermont lately? We have not gotten up to out mountain place since we closed it up last November and I plan to head up there the first of April.

Good Afternoon Wayne,
No not lately.....:( Last weekend we got 3 ft of snow here in Ct, no going anywhere in that...

I talked with my Uncle Dave this past week and he said we only got a foot up there. Im hoping to get up tere in March, I have been putting rough sawn hemlock up on the walls in the garage section of the barn, actually I find myself longing for some warmer spring type weather..... :)

To keep this post somewhat legal, when I did do a bit of bird hunting with my weimeraner "Fritz", there wasnt any electrical gizmos back then.... just had to keep an eye out for where he was working the brush trying to flush out the birds...

Good to hear from you again Wayne ! :)

/ Dog pics #553  
Mine will come in bright and clear till about .8 - .9 mile......then they fade in heavy swamp/mountain cover

I've helped locate other dogs out of range up to 2.95 miles with this..... Garmin Astro Long Range Antenna

Good Afternoon Bill,
A 3 mile range is awesome, that is some serious ground, hopefully not trapsing through dense swamp !

/ Dog pics #554  
Good Afternoon Bill,
A 3 mile range is awesome, that is some serious ground, hopefully not trapsing through dense swamp !

No, no trapsing.....that's where driving to the nearest spot using the gps comes in handy.....mine have never gotten that far (even when a deer race happens..:rolleyes:....:mad:)......that's where the neck zapper rules:shocked:

/ Dog pics #555  
My kidos love to fish also......:thumbsup: 033.jpg