Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

Default Re: Dog pics

My current two:

Attachment 310686

Tractor
    john deeere 855

He never knew I was coming!

This is dumb and dumber, Bentley is the youngest of the two with the ears up, the other we call Jr.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-1237429329-jpg   -image-3335597283-jpg  

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1025r TLB

Quote Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
    Nice dogs. Are they some GSD line? I see one is eating a raw chicken leg? and they both have sparkling teeth. I take it you are a raw feeder. My wife swears by raw.
    Thanks, they are GSDs. The male is 100% DDR and the female is Czech. We do feed raw (chicken quarters usually) and it is great, expensive but great. The stool never stinks, disintegrates within a few days and won't stick to your shoes if stepped on. And the dogs stay very healthy. We also don't vaccinate and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cschulz View Post
    Beautiful dogs!! I was at the Vet this morning and a GS was on her way home after a check up of being kicked in the head by a horse. Has a slight concushion and small bone chips near the jaw. But they said she should be fine but time will tell for sure.

Chris
    Poor dog
    '13 JD 1025r TLB
    60D MMM w/ electric over hydraulic independent lift
    Custom Seat Springs (no more bottoming out)
    Single Point Quick Disconnect
    180* Thermostat
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Omni Transformer

Tractor
    new holland tn70

-dsc00349-jpg-dsc00364-jpg-dsc00355-jpgwell my little girl showed up here the week of labor day i was sitting on the porch at 4; 30 on tuesday morning and i seen something creeping up the walk from the drive way, i said to myself what in the he*** is this so she got closer and i seen it was a dog so i talk to her and she was very shy and skidish. finally i got her up on the porch and petted her a little i could tell she had really been abussed. so i told the wife not to feed her and she would travel on but if she stayed at the begining of the 3rd day to feed her well she never went out of our yard and now she is our girl. i have owned lab's and beggle's my whole life but this is a new adventure for us, she is a border collie mixed. the strangest thing about this dog is when she was droped off in our drive way no dout she had her tags on her collar. i called the vet where the people had taken her to get her shots and they told me her name and they would contact the owner, well the number they had was no longer in service so we called the shelter in 2 counties to see if anyone had been looking for her and no they had not, so we schedule an time to take her and get fixed and checked out good and she is our's now and she is very smart. i have never delt with border collies but i have read some info on them and they are great dogs just a little hipper.

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    My current two:

Attachment 310686
    that is 2 beautiful dogs i have allways loved beggle's they are so friendly.

We don't have a dog but our neighbors do one a Faust (sp?) and the other a Beagle...they are pals...
    I usually take the golf cart out to the mail box...the dogs usually hear me going out and then wait (in ambush) under a hedgerow for me on the way back...the faust tries to bite the tires but the beagle just seems to want to race the cart...side by side with the cart he always looks over at me looking like he is saying "is that all you got?"
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by sam5570 View Post
    -dsc00349-jpg-dsc00364-jpg-dsc00355-jpgwell my little girl showed up here the week of labor day i was sitting on the porch at 4; 30 on tuesday morning and i seen something creeping up the walk from the drive way, i said to myself what in the he*** is this so she got closer and i seen it was a dog so i talk to her and she was very shy and skidish. finally i got her up on the porch and petted her a little i could tell she had really been abussed. so i told the wife not to feed her and she would travel on but if she stayed at the begining of the 3rd day to feed her well she never went out of our yard and now she is our girl. i have owned lab's and beggle's my whole life but this is a new adventure for us, she is a border collie mixed. the strangest thing about this dog is when she was droped off in our drive way no dout she had her tags on her collar. i called the vet where the people had taken her to get her shots and they told me her name and they would contact the owner, well the number they had was no longer in service so we called the shelter in 2 counties to see if anyone had been looking for her and no they had not, so we schedule an time to take her and get fixed and checked out good and she is our's now and she is very smart. i have never delt with border collies but i have read some info on them and they are great dogs just a little hipper.
    It's a real shame people abuse dogs, but she has a good home now. I guess Border Collies need plenty of activity. They tend to be very smart too. Perhaps you could get her into agility classes, or flyball.
    Last edited by dave1949; 03-30-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    new holland tn70

Quote Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
    It's a real shame people abuse dogs, but she has a good home now. I guess Border Collies need plenty of activity. They tend to be very smart too. Perhaps you could get her into agility classes, or flyball.
    yeah she is very active and the long cold winter has played a big part. when it warm's up she has plenty of space to run and play i have fetchen tennis balls now and will work on the frizzbe. i can see where this is not the dog to have if you live in town, and yes she is very smart.

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

Quote Originally Posted by sam5570 View Post
    that is 2 beautiful dogs i have allways loved beggle's they are so friendly.
    Thank you! Yes, they are friendly, and also the "class clowns". I can never stay "down" long, as they will always make me laugh!

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Quote Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
    Thanks, they are GSDs. The male is 100% DDR and the female is Czech. We do feed raw (chicken quarters usually) and it is great, expensive but great. The stool never stinks, disintegrates within a few days and won't stick to your shoes if stepped on. And the dogs stay very healthy. We also don't vaccinate and have never had a problem.
    Vaccinations are a hot topic in the dog world. I guess it is normal to learn more as time goes along. People are becoming aware that it isn't the best thing to just pump your dog full of every vaccine out there.

Our 14 month-old just passed her Therapy Dog test, some vaccines aren't optional if you want to do that. In Maine most towns require dogs to be licensed and to renew the yearly license, you need a current rabies vaccination record from the vet. I'm pretty sure we could, and people do, ignore that in a rural area. The benefit is if, heaven forbid, your dog bites someone, or tangles with a rabid animal, then having a current rabies vaccine helps.

My wife makes dog meat loaf with all sorts of stuff in it. Meat, liver, spinach, pumpkin or squash, broccoli, carrot, etc. It's all raw, chopped up in a food processor. She makes enough for a couple weeks, and freezes it. She feeds that with raw chicken legs, thighs or pork usually. She hardly ever cooks anything for me. We get our meat in 40 lb boxes from a restaurant supplier, that seems to be the least expensive here.

There are some great bloodlines in Eastern Europe for several dog breeds. I think it is because they haven't been corrupted by the AKC-type influence.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Page 60 of 142 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370110 ... LastLast