Dog pics

/ Dog pics #672  
Riding through Vermont, and I get the backseat!
He just cannot be happy in the backseat at high speeds.
We do have him tied in slightly to keep him from going to close to the windshield

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 166
   / Dog pics #673  
   / Dog pics #674  
My sweetheart, well one of them...had a birthday party last week.

043.JPG

/ Dog pics #675  
I love the pics of everyone's dogs! This is a great thread.

/ Dog pics #676  
Have posted pic's of my dogs. These pictures are not my dogs.

I do have a pet peeve, "People that yell at their dog." I can usually get my dogs to obey a command at near a whisper. Even my little Brat understands.

anger.jpganti depresent.jpgcheerful.jpgdog horse.jpgcopy cat.jpgfriends 2.jpglisten.jpgmonday.jpgnew day.jpgresting eyes.jpgpee in yard.jpgsmart dog.jpgpaws on ground.jpgso cute.jpgtreat limit.jpgupstairs.jpg

/ Dog pics #677  
   / Dog pics #679  
Crash325; My pet peeve is people that will give the same command repeatedly, to get the required results. If the dog doesn't know the command, because you haven't taught it, repeating doesn't help.

If the dog refuses the command, then one needs to make sure the dog does it anyway. Some dogs are very soft, so abuse is not necessary, even if a correction is.

If one continues to just repeat the command, it comes out as jibberish to the dog, and also teaches them that the first command really doesn't count.

Dog training can be a fun challenge, and I don't think I've ever seen a dog that didn't enjoy learning. Each is an individual, so one size of training doesn't fit all, but yelling is like repeating commands, it really doesn't accomplish much.

When I hear someone repeat "Sit" for the 10th time, and the dog is still not sitting, it drives me insane! Teach the command, gently, over time, then, when they KNOW it, give the command ONCE and make sure they do it! And, until you have a very reliable dog, DO NOT give a command that you can't enforce. Ever see people with a dog off leash, yelling for it to "come", and they have no way to enforce the command? So, all they did was teach the dog, that "come" is optional.

So much for being smarter than the dog!

/ Dog pics #680  
True! Training a dog has more to do with the trainer knowing how to train than a dogs ability to learn the commands, But you have to admit there are some dog breeds that are easier to train then others, For instance back in the 80's when our son had gotten old enough to take care of a dog we got him a poodle pup, at 6 weeks old the pup came with a ball, The breeder said out of litter of 6 he was the only pup that had taken interest in the ball,
Coco was extremely self intelligent, He paid attention to everything, I believe he could understand the human language, He knew just what we wanted him to do by simply talking to him, He was raised and went everywhere with our son and was his best friend and companion, Coco lived to be 16 years old, When I took this picture I told Coco to smile, Instead he stuck his tongue out at me,:laughing:
Now on the other hand, We've also had a very stubborn dachshund that only did what he wanted to do, we just couldn't get through to him, basically all he was good for is Bark-bark -bark at everything that move, particularly birds flying, Duh! he was also very lazy, eat ,drink, sleep, Like having a less fortunate child with a comprehension disorder we thought of Oscar being this way as well and still just took care of him, when it was time to got outside to get some exercise he would go hide under the bed, In fact Oscar was so lazy he gained up to 30 lb.s he was suppose to be a miniature dahtsy and was only to be 10.lbs ... instead of him being a hot-dog I called him a ball-park-frank,:D

Attachments

• CCI05142013_0000.jpg
    CCI05142013_0000.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 124