Dog pics

/ Dog pics #701  
deepNdirt;

I am not sure that I understand your post about Cushing's. Since it is a common issue in Beagles, I have done a good bit of research on it. Cushing's is too much cortisol (natural steroid) in the body, due to an overproduction by the adrenal glands. It is manageable, and is usually not something that is fatal. What owners usually notice first, is a ravenous appetite, (of course, with Beagles, how can you tell?), and an increase in water consupmtion, therefore more trips needed outside to pee. Yes, the disease can make the dog look unthrifty, and I'm sure being hungry, thirsty and needing to pee all of the time isn't fun, but it isn't fatal.

If Oscar, truly has Cushing's, ask your vet about ways to manage it. There are several different ways, and I expect your vet will know which is best for you and Oscar.

As far as Little Odie; I am always saying that it takes about 6 years for them to actually become the dogs they will be. I am glad that he is your truck buddy! It is never the same as the ones that we lost, but each is endearing in their own way.

I think in the beginning my wife and I misunderstood what was going on with LeeAnn the girl, As you stated she was always eating and drinking water, we noticed her putting on weight but we thought it was just from her being older and not getting the exercise she used to get, Plus she had been spade after her first litter when she was 15 months and her weight was always fluctuating up/down and was something we were watching at all times,
when we really got concern is when she started making mistakes in the house, ( she never did this ) Ever! and continued to frequently go back and forth to her water bowl, I mean she would drink for 3 minutes walk away and 5 minutes later come back to drink more,
By this time we had taken her to our vet and he ran a few test and advised us that he Thinks she has the signs of Cushings, and that they're no cure but can be as you stated fairly manageable with the right diet and exercise, the meds he give only cause her to pee more,
The 6 months I stated was after she was diagnosed with Cushings, I think she may have had it 1 year prier and we just didn't know it was the symptoms of cushings, so she may have had it for more than 1 year. either way she was a beautiful loving girl and we still miss her,

Attachments

• CCI05162013_0000.jpg
    CCI05162013_0000.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 166
   / Dog pics #702  
deepNdirt; LeeAnn was a beauty!

/ Dog pics #704  
Our 6 month old Red Heeler Layla, watching out the back window which over looks the grill, to see what's cookin'.

image-3417883917.jpg

Attachments

• image-3140513984.jpg
    image-3140513984.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 116
   / Dog pics #706  
Dogs like being at camp just as much as I do!

Attachments

• IMG_5701.jpg
    IMG_5701.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5706.JPG
    IMG_5706.JPG
    940.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_5707.JPG
    IMG_5707.JPG
    921.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_5708.jpg
    IMG_5708.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 162
   / Dog pics #709  
   / Dog pics #710  
My 3 girls again.
Old girl in front. Brat in the middle & Brats mother in back.
Brats nick name (among others is Doctor.) Brat will have nothing to do with anyone but me. Will not even get close if someone is near me.
Were it not for that I think she could be trained to find cancer in other people. At times she will find little sores, scabs or joints with arthritis.
The sores she licks & chews on. Same with scabs. The bad joints licks & gently bites. She has found & removed a couple of warts.

3 dogs.jpg