Dog pics

/ Dog pics #941  
Must be something wrong with this thread. No arguing or bickering?

Says who? You wanna fight? My dog is cuter than all ya's dogs. ;)

Attachments

• image-4263865893.jpg
    image-4263865893.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-63631731.jpg
    image-63631731.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 111
   / Dog pics #942  
Unfortunately for her, I don't hunt. (City raised) her sister is a great bird dog and Molly shows signs that she would be as well. I keep her busy with other toys.

Hah! you don't have to hunt to hunt partridge. You aren't going to get any anyway.
The point of "hunting" partridge in NH or ME is to take a Springer out to drive the woods roads in search of birds. You have a nice lunch out, carry a work of art shotgun and maybe fire it in vain.

The dog has a wonderful time and the truck comes back dirty. You see things in the woods like endangered species or old cellar holes and wonder who lived 150 miles from civilization 200 years ago. There's old bottle dumps and crazy Frenchmen driving runaway log trucks. Best of all, the dogs love it and photos tell the story.

/ Dog pics #943  
Hah! you don't have to hunt to hunt partridge. You aren't going to get any anyway.
The point of "hunting" partridge in NH or ME is to take a Springer out to drive the woods roads in search of birds. You have a nice lunch out, carry a work of art shotgun and maybe fire it in vain.

The dog has a wonderful time and the truck comes back dirty. You see things in the woods like endangered species or old cellar holes and wonder who lived 150 miles from civilization 200 years ago. There's old bottle dumps and crazy Frenchmen driving runaway log trucks. Best of all, the dogs love it and photos tell the story.

Sounds like fun. Plan a trip and count me in! :drink:

/ Dog pics #944  
My sweetheart below on her 9th dog birthday.

043.JPG

Same dog below is not really allowed on the bed unless there is a cover over it first. Uhh, except this time.
She likes to rest her head on the pillow.

001.JPG

/ Dog pics #945  
Very cute, sixdogs!

/ Dog pics #947  
Unfortunately for her, I don't hunt. (City raised) her sister is a great bird dog and Molly shows signs that she would be as well. I keep her busy with other toys.

Hey, even city raised boys can learn to hunt....My kidos will push them bunnies right to ya:thumbsup:

You live in a great place for Molly to try it......NH Fish & Game Seminars in Holderness are right around the corner from you

/ Dog pics #948  
Meet Shooter

Here's Shooter when she was 8 months old.

Shooter-1.JPG Shooter-2.JPG Shooter-3.JPG

Shooter is a Sheep-a-Doodle which is half Standard Poodle (mother) and half Old English Sheep Dog (father).

Cheers!
-- Bill --

/ Dog pics #949  
A few Picts from our trip to the zoo. And a new addition to the family

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Bring her down and we will take her out with our dog! Sure she would love the hunt
mostly woodcock just right for her to get excited about.
We are in Dunbarton.

/ Dog pics #950  
Re: Meet Shooter

Here's Shooter when she was 8 months old.

View attachment 335718 View attachment 335719 View attachment 335720

Shooter is a Sheep-a-Doodle which is half Standard Poodle (mother) and half Old English Sheep Dog (father).

Cheers!
-- Bill --

Nice looking dog Bill. That's one I haven't seen.

I know the jury is still out for some on the current cross-breeding trend. But, it's really the same thing that was done years ago to create some of the more popular standard breeds of today.

Plus, what do breeders do to eliminate genetic issues that accumulate in "pure" breeds? They out-cross to a breed or primitive type that doesn't have that issue. Sadly, most pure breeds do have genetic issues resulting from years of breeding to a confirmation standard.