Dog pics

/ Dog pics #972  
We moved into our house in late May. Around mid June Clyde came through the weeds and acted like he was home.

2013-06-22_Clyde 2.jpg

After a few days we decided he was right. At the time I guessed him to be anywhere from 12-15 months old. Still a lot of puppy in him.
Here is a video of Clyde running in from the field.

If you notice at the end, Clyde now only has three legs. He showed up with four, but someone (don't know who and Clyde hasn't said) shot him with a pellet gun and his back left leg had to be amputated. Being as me and the missus are both half crippled from various accidents we feel Clyde was sent to us for a reason.

/ Dog pics #973  
You can only post one video at a time. Here's Clyde playing with Callie our six month old calico bobtail cat. They are the source of many a laugh.

/ Dog pics #974  
image-2940491075.jpg

Maltby enjoying a nap and dreaming of woodcock hunting,

/ Dog pics #976  
Our girl Chewy just got diagnosed with Demodectic Mange last Mon. She had a nasty looking rash on her chin and around her bottom lip for a couple days that just got redder and nastier looking. Vet said she had a staff infection and her immune sys was down, so he put her on antibiotics, a special diet and some pre/probiotic tabs till we take her back on Tues and hopefully start treatment on the mange itself. Rash has spread to around her eyes and a couple spots on her face. She itches and bites herself everywhere. I've been researching and the drugs and/or dip the vets usually prescribe are seriously dangerous and scary, especially for her breed. Yesterday I ordered from Amazon some Dermabenss soapless shampoo, Durvet Nu-Stock ointment and Puralube ointment(for her eyes). I will at least try this remedy first before submitting her to the torturess meds the vet wants to try. Anyone have any experience with 'Red Mange'? What did you do?
Here's a few pics from earlier this month - before the mange#

#ATTACH=CONFIG#343821#/ATTACH##ATTACH=CONFIG#343822#/ATTACH#IMG_0398.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    709.2 KB · Views: 118
   / Dog pics #978  
You might try a product called Dinovite which is advertised on the radio. You can research it on the web - Dinovite.com is the company page but there are other sites about it. I no longer have a dog so I have never tried it. Best of luck with your girl. Wanda

/ Dog pics #979  
Have no idea if this would help your dog but we only had one dog get mange out of dozens we had. That was a long time ago. My dad mixed up a concoction of motor oil and diesel and swabbed the mangy spots on the dog every day for about two weeks and the mange was gone.

/ Dog pics #980  
Thanks Wanda but way to many negative reviews on this product. Seems to be one of those 15 min internet sensation companies trying to make a fortune then bolt - not caring about the product(s) they peddel.
Thanks two bit score. My grandad used a dip of kerosene which also worked over time. I want to go safer though.
Motor oil, diesel, kerosene and gas have real longterm hazardous health effects with enough (???) exposure to humans and pets.

Thanks very much for your concern and the suggestions!!! :wave: