/ 1952 #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
This Case is still earning its keep 50 years later./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Last edited:
   / 1952 #2  
That is nice./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Now most of that vintage Cases I have seen have a single front wheel. Is that an aftermarket front end, or where they avable eather way?

/ 1952 #3  
That picture is of a DC-3 with an adjustable wide front end. That is one of several configurations available at the time. You could also get the same tractor with the dual wheel narrow front, single front wheel, wide non-adjustable front axle, and a high crop arched front axle. Here is a shot of mt 1952 Case DC-4, which has the wide non-adjustable front axle.

Attachments

• 35-186292-Left-CaseSmall.jpg
    35-186292-Left-CaseSmall.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 88
   / 1952
Case offer different front ends setups,and trike front end aren't all that common in my area..maybe do to the hilly ground.

/ 1952 #5  
Thats good to hear. I have not been looking at any of the old Case tractors becouse I thought they were all tricycle front ends. I learned to hate them with my dads old Farmall C.

/ 1952
The few times I didn't care for trike front ends when it came to slopes and slippery conitions,but the trike front end was great for woods work and getting into tight places.

/ 1952 #7  
Thomas,

About forty seven years ago or so we moved to where there was work for my dad. It was six days a week ten hours a day working for a farmer with tons of acres, two dairies, twenty thousand layers, and white faced calves coming off the ranch to be fattened up.

We're talking just outside of Glendale Arizona and miles of alfalfa. The old boy had a deal with Farmall for testing the new tractors. Dad still gets a smile about being the first one besides the owner to drive the first power steering'd Farmall to come on the place for testing.

But when dad first started he was nervous of course. And things being karma like I guess he got the old Case tricycle the first day. And since karma is such a contankerous kinda cuss she had dad break off the front end of the tractor early like in some high Johnson grass with a hole. Mostly for grins I'm sure, like I said she's a contankerous kind of lady most days and all nights.

Dad hoofed back to the office just pure t sure he'd had his first and last day. The foreman had told him that the owner dearly loved that old Case and to be real careful not let it get a scratch.

He told the foreman. The foreman shook his head with one of those "glad to have known you" shakes. Then he took dad to the owner and the three of them went down to see the Case. Now as you can imagine dad was in one of those moods where one can inspect the bottom of whale crap if one has a decent step ladder.

The owner got out and looked the situation over. Shook his head and said something along the line that he'd probably done the same thing if'n he'd been in dad's shoes.

Now I don't know if any of the Roveys are still in the area or if they're still farming. But if any of them tune in to TBN they'll have bushel baskets of stories about old Emil and his tractors. My whole life if I wanted to get my dad a talking when he wasn't in a talking mood all I had to do was ask him about that old farmer he worked for when I was a kid. The first story out of the box would and will be about that Case tricycle and how dad just knew his goose was not only cooked but stuffed.

Sorta funny how it all works. I sit here and wonder just how that story he told me affected the times when a man working for me screwed up and I acted like it was just a thing and a not a big thing at that. I guess if I thought about such things I'd come to the conclusion that dad's admiration and respect for Emil Rovey made such an impression on me that more than once I tried to emulate Emil without even thinking about it.

Sorry Thomas for rambling, old tractors and their tales will cause that I understand.....

/ 1952
No sir I don't consider that you were rambling..matter fact I enjoy your post.

/ 1952
Most of us think of your post reply from time to time./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif