DOZER

/ DOZER #11  
What is neat with that big old Cat is the operator doesn't have to do much more than you are sitting at the puter. The blade has the recievers for the GPS and feeds it all into the puter on board. The program in the puter is for the final grade and makes the adjustments as needed.

They had two of them big puppies at Robson Ranch when I did the entryway gates. I noticed an old boy out there with a sight level guiding the grader because of a change in the landscape plan. I asked him about his transit. He explained he didn't have one. The survey comes out on a program that's put in the equipment and along with GPS it's almost automatic. They only time they need a transit is when the customer makes a change at the last minute.

/ DOZER #12  
Man, that's a beautiful machine. I'd love to spend a day on one of those babes, and I'd have the GPS disconnected for sure.

The wife and I pass by the local cat dealer every afternoon on the way home from work, and Lin has gotten used to my longing gazes as we pass.

I gave Lin a real fright when I ran across this VanNatta forestry site, worth a bookmark if you haven't seen it already.)

I know if I had a little more time, and a lot more money, I'd be buying all those old beasts I could find.

Dave Perry

/ DOZER #13  
Not to mention the cummins in it is beyond obsolete. I hear Cummins doesn't really support those anymore. I think they sold the design to the Indians...(to clarify, Indians from India)
There was a small disscussion on the ACMOC (antique caterpillar machinery owners club) web board a few days ago about this rig. The consensus was run away.
ACMOC:
http://216.162.108.58/
Sorry I'm still figuring out the markup.

/ DOZER #15  
you need to keep them in line they can get a little pushy at times.

Attachments

• 35-187956-d11-n.jpg
    35-187956-d11-n.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 15,551
   / DOZER #16  
here is a better picture of the komatsu. I think this is bigger than the d11 cat but not 100% sure. I would love to push around some dirt or what ever got in front of it for a day. clearing a road through woods in one pass would be cool.

Attachments

• 35-187957-dozers.gif
    35-187957-dozers.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,388
   / DOZER
Thats pretty clever...

/ DOZER #18  
Re: Komatsu

Geeze, that is huge! I would settle for use of the little one for a day...

/ DOZER #19  
The D11R CD (carrydozer) is a little smaller @850hp vs the 575 Komatsu @1150hp. Either one is a whole lot of dozer. The K is quite a bit bigger, but the Cat's seem to be more popular due to easier transporting. There is only one dozer that was bigger than the K. The ACCO dozer was built by an Italian for contracts in a middle eastern country I forget the name of. The government destabilized or somthing and the contracts disappeared. The last I heard it was still sitting in a yard somewhere in Italy. They may have cut it up for scrap by now though. 1275hp, twin engined, both the lower rear sprocket and the upper sprocket were powered.

Attachments

• 35-188043-ACCOdozer.gif
    35-188043-ACCOdozer.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,629
   / DOZER #20  
It would really be interesting to know about how many welding rods/sticks went into making this puppy. How long does it take to go through the factory? Man hours? WOW!!

gary