Steam Tractor

/ Steam Tractor #1  

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Sure wouldn't want to get this old heavy weight monster stuck.

Last edited:
   / Steam Tractor
I guess back then fel & mmm weren't an option.

Last edited:
   / Steam Tractor
By the looks hard rubber tires weren't much of a concern,and 3 point hitch for attachments also...guess we got it pretty darn easy today. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Last edited:
   / Steam Tractor #4  
Judging by the setting, I would guess shes a non runner right? Its kind of sad to see a once great, steam, and flame spewing mechine just sitting there rusting./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif If only we could save them all.

/ Steam Tractor
The old girl been retire for many of years,and I agree its a shame./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Steam Tractor #6  
As a kid I grew up in the corn belt of Northern Illinois in the town of DeKalb. Each year the city would have its annual corn boil and street fair. For the corn boil they would bring in two or three of the old steam tractors and their boilers were plumbed to horse troughs full of water. The tractors would get the water boiling and bushels of sweet corn were tossed in to cook. Pitchforks pull the cooked corn from the troughs and anyone interested could eat all the corn dipped in melted butter they could handle.

I can still remember those old tractors clunking down the road and blowing their whistles for the kids on the street. Guess I should check and see if they still do that in DeKalb. Might be worth a trip.

MarkV

/ Steam Tractor
Now thats sounds like good old country living/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifand wish those days were still around.

/ Steam Tractor #8  
If this tractor? is where I think it is, don't worry about it sitting around and rusting. I think it is part of a display at the Cog Railway. Mt Washington NH

/ Steam Tractor
Your right..Cog Railway Mt.Washington,NH