Critters captured on camera

/ Critters captured on camera #101  
Here are a few recent pics from my game camera.

Eddie

Attachments

• 2483.jpg
    2483.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 190
  • 2678.jpg
    2678.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 2687.jpg
    2687.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 2791.jpg
    2791.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 2814.jpg
    2814.jpg
    888.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 2871.jpg
    2871.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 2995.jpg
    2995.jpg
    948.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 3103.jpg
    3103.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 149
   / Critters captured on camera #102  
Those hog pictures still amaze me. We see deer and turkey all the time. But thank goodness no hogs. I imagine one could get pretty tired of eating pork all year, but it is probably nice to know that now that you have a wood burning stove AND hogs, you will always be warm and have a full belly! :laughing:

/ Critters captured on camera #103  
I dont shoot very many hogs. I try to take pics of them, but I ususaly see them when there isn't enough light to get a decent picture with the zoom. I enjoy seeing how close I can sneak up on them, but I still don't get the pictures that I'm hoping for. Mostly, they are just a lot of fun to see. They are very loud and agressive towards each other. They can be very funny to watch too!!!!

Most of the time, I don't bother to carry my rifle with me. If I have it, and I'm in the mood to mess with it, I'll shoot one.

I've heard people say that they are dangerous, but I don't have any fear of them. Snakes terrify me, but nothing else does. A wounded hog is a different story, and if I'm following a blood trail, then I'm on full allert. I have a buddy who got tore up pretty good after wounding a sow. She chewed his hand up real bad while he was on his back and had his hand in her mouth to hold her off of him while he stabbed her to death. Both of them were a mess, but he got lucky and survived it without any permanent damage.

I've never wounded one myself, but have friends out here who have. When we go after it, I carry my .44 mag revolver. Those big slugs in heavy brush have worked both times that I've used it to finish off a wounded hog up close.

I have friends who hunt them with dogs and knives. I've never done it, but from what they tell me, it's a big adrenaline rush. The dogs do all the work, and the real challenge is keeping up with them and getting through the thick, nasty jungle that we have here. Everything has a thorn on it!!!

Eddie

/ Critters captured on camera #104  
DELETE

Last edited:
   / Critters captured on camera #105  
An abandoned moose calf i found one day in my corral system.
And some of my bison bulls

Attachments

• moosy.jpg
    moosy.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 218
  • buffalo 2010 003.jpg
    buffalo 2010 003.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 228
   / Critters captured on camera #106  
An abandoned moose calf i found one day in my corral system.
And some of my bison bulls

Thanks for sharing pics !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Really enjoyed bison bulls pic. :cool2:

Boone

/ Critters captured on camera #107  
Here a couple more,all taken on my ranch

Mule deer laying in the shelter,Same deer been doing that 3 yrs in a row.

Prairy falcon on my porch railing,1000 km north of it normal range.

moose bull

Attachments

• barn deer 001.jpg
    barn deer 001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 267
  • prairie falcon 007.jpg
    prairie falcon 007.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 223
  • snow jan 2008 022.jpg
    snow jan 2008 022.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 225
  • prairie falcon 006.jpg
    prairie falcon 006.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 197
   / Critters captured on camera #109  
Over the week end we had a lot of action in my neighbors driveway. A Red Tail Hawk tried to take down a turtle and the turtle got the hawk's leg in it mouth then pulled its head as far in the shell as possable. The hawk spent over an hour trying to fly away but could only drag the turtle up and down the drive way. I was so marveled at the act I didn't dare leave to get a camera. After that hour the hawk laid on the ground, tired. I ran up to within 3 feet and you could see where the hawk and been stricking the nose and shell of the turtle, still in the turtle's mouth the hawk was motionless with eyes open. At that point I ran to the house to get the shot of a life time and when I returned the hawk was gone. It is my guess that after laying motionless on the ground the turtle felt no threat and releaced the hawk. It's was the strangest wildlife fight I have ever witnessed. I am greatfull to this web site for allowing me to share this story to those who have the same interest

/ Critters captured on camera #110  
Heres a critter that showed up in the back yard of a freind on my daughter.

Attachments

• bigcat.jpg
    bigcat.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 360
  • bigcatpawprint.jpg
    bigcatpawprint.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 269