Critters captured on camera

/ Critters captured on camera #21  
Took these cuties late summer from my office window last year

Attachments

• Deer, turkey, KC ride 067.jpg
    Deer, turkey, KC ride 067.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 509
   / Critters captured on camera #22  
Help identify this bird located in the slightly upper middle right side of my game cam photo. I leave this cam out for a week or so in between visits to our 2500 ft elev property near Mariposa, CA near Yosemite National Park. We are frequented by turkey, valley quail and a multitude of hawks, primarily red tails.

Attachments

• Unknown Bird.JPG
    Unknown Bird.JPG
    846.5 KB · Views: 507
   / Critters captured on camera #23  
Help identify this bird located in the slightly upper middle right side of my game cam photo. I leave this cam out for a week or so in between visits to our 2500 ft elev property near Mariposa, CA near Yosemite National Park. We are frequented by turkey, valley quail and a multitude of hawks, primarily red tails.

Are you sure it's a bird? Jeez, it looks like Thomas' avatar in flight. :eek::eek: But seriously, I don't see legs hanging down below, but those do look like feathers on the wings - sort of.
Dave.

/ Critters captured on camera #24  
Here are a couple of recent trail camera photos from my place...

Attachments

• PICT0640.JPG
    PICT0640.JPG
    593.5 KB · Views: 385
  • PICT0865.JPG
    PICT0865.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 381
   / Critters captured on camera #25  
A picture I took in my back yard a few years ago - a Yellow-Billed Cuckoo....

Attachments

• Blue Jays 119.jpg
    Blue Jays 119.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 387
   / Critters captured on camera #26  
Here's a picture of a butterfly that I saw in the Talladega National Forest on Monday. The blue in the photo doesn't do justice to nature.

Attachments

• butterfly.jpg
    butterfly.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 260
   / Critters captured on camera #27  
I have received an answer from a fellow who is a columnist for a Ducks Unlimited publication that in probility, the bird in question MIGHT be a Northern Goshawk.

/ Critters captured on camera #28  
here is something that you don't want to see take up homesteading in your back yard..... I just discovered this yesterday about 15 ft from the ground, about 2 times the size of a basketball, we have many more wooded acres on our property and they had to be right in our back yard:cool: how it is have haven't already noticed them before now, My wife is still freeked about them being there because just 2 days ago she was cutting grass right under that nest,

Last edited:
   / Critters captured on camera #29  
here is something that you don't want to see take up homesteading in your back yard..... I just discovered this yesterday about 15 ft from the ground, about 2 times the size of a basketball, we have many more wooded acres on our property and they had to be right in our back yard:cool: how it is have haven't already noticed them before now, My wife is still freeked about them being there because just 2 days ago she was cutting grass right under that nest,

That's a nice one. I think I would stop mowing there :) I came almost face to face with a smaller one a couple years ago while bush hogging. I backed out of there quietly and they didn't get riled. I don't want to think how it would have gone if I was looking behind at the mower just then. :eek:
Dave.

/ Critters captured on camera #30  
Had one of those nests about 4 feet from the house,waited for a cool morning and moved it to a less populated area.
Hawk and cat had on going hunting contest, hawk won that round but has moved on.

Attachments

• hawk.jpg
    hawk.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 454