waltsp

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC18
A Male and Female Painted Bunting and a Carolina Chickadee
muwsw6.jpg

Male Painted Bunting
evbats.jpg

A group of female Painted Buntings one pulling the tail of another.
10fqque.jpg

Carolina Chickadee
153xlz7.jpg

55jwbm.jpg

jz7igk.jpg

2wgstok.jpg

Black Crested Titmouse
2qkhuhd.jpg

dzcqb4.jpg

Adult Male Cardinal
fx8dja.jpg

Immature Male Cardinal
a5xcp.jpg

Bewicks Wren.
He was not at the feeder, but he landed just a couple of feet from me as I was taking the pictures
1ibk1j.jpg

/ Birds at my feeders #2  
Nice pics, using a trail camera or similar I would quess?Dave

/ Birds at my feeders
No! Sitting nice and quiet about 20 feet away. Nikon D40 on tripod in front of me. Been shooting since 1092 and have learned to be patient and quiet. After getting setup, it took about 10 minutes and the birds were back.

/ Birds at my feeders #5  
Really nice pictures and congratulations on your longevity ! :thumbsup:

Bob,

Dang it!! You beat me to it. I was going to ask how someone managed to live that long. Diet? Exercise? :)

Steve

/ Birds at my feeders #6  
Great pix! Tnx. Shows there is a difference between the digital SLRs and the point and shoots...

Pete

/ Birds at my feeders #7  
Really enjoyed pic's!:thumbsup:Those birds there are eat'in some high dollar food.I like to do the same nature deserves it.
Boone

/ Birds at my feeders #8  
Nice pics, thanks. Pretty funny the one bird pulling the other one's tail. The buntings are almost too bright to be true, gorgeous.

/ Birds at my feeders #9  
very nice thanks for sharing, we love watching our birds

/ Birds at my feeders #10  
Very nice shots, Walt. I especially like the one of the squabling females. We've had lots of painted buntings at our bird feeders this year and last year. I've also seen several in the middle of the gravel road. I think they must eat small gravel like chickens eat rocks to help grind up their food. That's the only reason I can account for the painted buntings being in the road so much when other birds are not.