Garlic harvest

/ Garlic harvest #1  

magicheater

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, B26 TLB
Here is this years garlic harvest, gonna see if the very wet year affects longevity in storage as it did not seem to increase the bulb size over last years harvest in a dry year.

Attachments

• 1st half of garlic.jpg
    1st half of garlic.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 2nd half of garlic.jpg
    2nd half of garlic.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF0407.JPG
    DSCF0407.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 223
   / Garlic harvest #2  
Very nice.:thumbsup:

Now I want to go chop up some cloves and fry then in olive oil.:thumbsup:

Add some Hot Peppers and and Tomatoes and you have the basic ingredients for a nice Pasts sauce!:D

/ Garlic harvest #3  
Here is this years garlic harvest, gonna see if the very wet year affects longevity in storage as it did not seem to increase the bulb size over last years harvest in a dry year.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I take it you are in the garlic business commercially. Those are some beautiful plants.

I plant 25 cloves each year and each year my wife says : "do you have any idea how much garlic I have in the freezer"? I just grin and plant it again because that's one of the gardening plants I can raise successfully with very little care. The grasshoppers and neighbor's goats that get out won't even bother it.

Edit: I forgot to ask what variety it is. thanks

/ Garlic harvest #4  
Looks good! I am just about ready to harvest myself. I grow about 100 hardnecks each year. How long do you let yours dry before using? I find after about a month it really develops the flavor?

Can't wait to roast some up! :drool:

/ Garlic harvest #6  
Nice. By golly I love garlic. Mmmmm, garlic....