Rainbow picts

/ Rainbow picts #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
These are from our cottage in northern Michiigan.

Attachments

• DSC_0861.JPG
    DSC_0861.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0862.JPG
    DSC_0862.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0865.JPG
    DSC_0865.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 128
   / Rainbow picts #2  
Looks like that blow bucket is about to be beamed up! Great pics., thanks for sharing.

Heres a bow I caught at the local rail yard the other day:

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 175
   / Rainbow picts #3  
Runner, do you by any chance work for BNSF? The reason I ask is that my youngest daughter works in their headquarters in Ft. Worth.

We were staying at the Days Inn in Princeton, WV, a few years ago when I snapped these pictures of a rainbow. With the sun also hitting the next hill over, make it look like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Attachments

• PB190013.JPG
    PB190013.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 125
  • PB190012.JPG
    PB190012.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 117
   / Rainbow picts #4  
Bird,

Wow! It does look like a pot o' gold, cool stuff.

No, I don't work for BNSF, but frequently have fantasized about being an engineer....

BNSF has a pretty good sized yard right across from the downtown airport in Kansas City, which is where the pic was taken.

Actually, it was a full rainbow, but I didn't have a wide enough angle lens to catch it all at once:

Attachments

• IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 112
   / Rainbow picts #5  
I didn't really know just what facilities BNSF has in Kansas City, although I knew they had some facilities there and our daughter plans to be up there next month for a day or two. And yep, that's some pretty rainbow pictures; both yours from Kansas City and the ones from Michigan.

/ Rainbow picts #6  
I have 2 rainbow photos from my neighborhood.

Has everyone noticed that all rainbows are actually 2 rainbows with the second one dimmer than the first and with the colors reversed.

I never get tired of looking at rainbows. :)

Attachments

• rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 126
  • rainbow 005 (Small).jpg
    rainbow 005 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 104
   / Rainbow picts #8  
Runner, I had forwarded a link to your BNSF engine/rainbow photo in this thread to my daughter. She and her co-workers liked it enough they forwarded the link to the BNSF CEO and I understand he liked that, too. So your photo was appreciated by a lot of people at BNSF and, because of it being posted here, TBN got some free publicity, too, I reckon.:D

/ Rainbow picts #9  
Might also be a good advertising photo for GE (maker of the locomotive). Looks like the rainbow is coming out of the exhaust stack. They could brag about how "green" the locos are.....

/ Rainbow picts #10  
Saw this rainbow while mowing one of the fields. Just happened to have my point and shoot in my pocket (how often do you actually have a camera when you need one?) and snapped away (taken from the tractor seat).

Attachments

• rainbow 5-25-08.jpg
    rainbow 5-25-08.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 102