Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans !

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I seem to remember there were a few ABE's on this site a while back. Well here is a little clip that will bring back memories.

For the 99.999% that wasn't an AB ( Aviation Boatswains Mate) I will tell you that the level of teamwork and communication in this clip is pretty slick. Just the noise level alone will sometimes disorient a person on the deck so that makes this three bird launch even that much more impressive...

Notice the Tomcat being launched off the waist catapult in between these two going off the bow.

This is why I can't hear crap anymore. Turn your speakers up and you just might be able to smell the JP5 !

Aviation Video: 3 Flight Tomcat Launch | Patrick's Aviation

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #2  
I seem to remember there were a few ABE's on this site a while back. Well here is a little clip that will bring back memories.

For the 99.999% that wasn't an AB ( Aviation Boatswains Mate) I will tell you that the level of teamwork and communication in this clip is pretty slick. Just the noise level alone will sometimes disorient a person on the deck so that makes this three bird launch even that much more impressive...

Notice the Tomcat being launched off the waist catapult in between these two going off the bow.

This is why I can't hear crap anymore. Turn your speakers up and you just might be able to smell the JP5 !

Aviation Video: 3 Flight Tomcat Launch | Patrick's Aviation

Always loved the smell of JP........
never on a carrier, but on a LHA for awhile.......and LPD....and LST. (ugh)

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #3  
Anyone who spent time in Naval Aviation knows what JP-5 taste like in the bug juice and has taken a shower with tainted JP-5 water. Shot the breeze last night at the golf course Christmas party with a guy who was stationed at Clark AB, AC, Philippines during VN. Intersting stories.

mark

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #4  
Wow! Only three brown-shoe bird farm sailors on TBN?;)

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #5  
Make that 4...

Aviation Structural Mechanic 1st/c Jackson at your service...

I was attached to VF-31 which deployed on the Saratoga (CV-60, or affectionitly known as "The Suckin' 60 from Dixie").
2 Meds and a 13 month Westpac on that vessel. We were still using Avgas as well as JP back then. VF-31 flew F-4J Phantoms. Outstanding aircraft, the Phantom...

Mmmmmmmmm, always loved the JP tainted Bug Juice!!!

Last ship was the USS Inchon, a Gator freighter...

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #6  
Went to do some workups on the Sara, our squadron flew from NAS Whidbey Island to Florida. Loaded all our gear aboard and Sara had a bridge fire. Never got underway. Unloaded all our gear two days later and flew back to Washington State. A-6's forever. Worst part, contracted tractor trailers to move the squadron gear, one truck only carried one cruise box all the way to florida and back... one stinkin cruise box. Contract was for six trucks and we only needed five. But six had to be used.

mark

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #7  
V2 division 70-74. Deck edge operator.......

/ Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans ! #9  
I was V-2 Also. I did some deck edge but that was just for quals. We mostly used the bubble.

These pics of mine should bring back memories. I scanned them from photo's and slides I took. I saved them in hi res also. Sure was a lot of years ago. Hazardous duty pay and all..........

Attachments

• Military HR 186.jpg
    Military HR 186.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Military HR 188.jpg
    Military HR 188.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Military HR 194.jpg
    Military HR 194.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Military HR 201.jpg
    Military HR 201.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Military HR 287.jpg
    Military HR 287.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Military HR 365.jpg
    Military HR 365.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Military HR 344.jpg
    Military HR 344.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Military HR 366.jpg
    Military HR 366.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 203
   / Calling all Aircraft Carrier Veterans !
These pics of mine should bring back memories. I scanned them from photo's and slides I took. I saved them in hi res also. Sure was a lot of years ago. Hazardous duty pay and all..........

I recognize the Phantom, Intruder and the Corsair, but the first two in the bottom row are a bit before my time.