Cub Cadet 7265

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #2  
Steve, nice rig. What kind of trailer, how long, and what did it cost?

Glenn

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #3  
Very clean rig! I see he's using the controversal chain for the top link.

Gene

/ Cub Cadet 7265
Ah yes. My chain top-link. Good eye. Until I find or build a cat 1 hydraulic link, the chain is the way to go when mowing grass on slightly uneven ground. When in the brush, the solid link goes on.

Anyways, the trailer is an Appalacian, made somewhere in Ohio, sold locally by a used car dealer as a sideline. 18' diamond plate deck, electric brakes. $2200.

It doesn't stay clean long. I have a pressure washer that spruces it up nicely.

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #5  
NICE looking rig all. BUT UHH OHHH I feel like I'm back in elementary school again. Since I just (yesterday) learned how to post pictures and am a little crazy like Harv!! I see this forum growing into "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" OR "Mines bigger than yours Ha Ha"

I wonder if Muhammad realizes what he has started here.

All jokes aside - I love seeing all the other guys rigs, stuff, attachments. It really gets the crative juices flowing. I know I have picked up a lot of good info and hints throughout the forums. Keep it coming guys!! You gals too - How about it Upper Mich. Pen. ??

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #6  
Steve, I TH-I-N-K Muhammad has an 'unwritten' rule that you MUST include the owner/operator in the pic! ;o) Take another and include yourself so we can see whom we are talking to!
P.S. Good looking setup!
P.P.S. - If he don't, he should!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 10/25/00 00:08 AM.</FONT></P>

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #7  
Steve,

Could you amplify your view as to when and why a chain is better or worse than the toplink for brushcutting. There was a long, confusing thread on that subject several months ago.

Glenn

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #9  
The artwork and explanation were great. Especially the artwork. I think I now understand where a chain toplink would have advantages. I was having trouble understanding where a chain would have the edge over a solid link. I don't have hills that steep where the problem pictured in drawing #1, but if I encouter that I'll probably try a chain. Being one of those folks who has to see something to really understand it, thanks.

Bob Pence

/ Cub Cadet 7265 #10  
Steve,

Interesting. Some follow up questions.

1. In drawing #2, the cutter would tilt down the hill only if the chain was long enough to allow the cutter to tip below horizontal. So, you use a long enough chain to do that?

2. If you use such a long chain, does that interfere with your ability to raise the cutter off the ground with the 3ph? Seems like the front of the the cutter would raise but the rear would stay on the ground.

3. Why not use the chain in brush? I'm guessing this is related to the issue of raising the cutter.

4. What size chain do you use and where do you attach it?

5. How do you post drawings? (Optional, as they say.)

glenn