Stuck in the Mud

/ Stuck in the Mud #11  
Good evening Scott. Lots of mud here. It's be raining all fall. :D

There will not be any mud right now where those pictures were taken! :thumbsup:

Sadly, with all of the rain us flatlanders got last year, coupled with the snow we're getting this year, plus the ground already saturated, and if spring proves to be the same as it's been the last couple of years, there will be plenty more of those "I'm stuck and I can't get out" pics to share.

That doesn't even take into account the high risk of flooding, though NB and NS got hit pretty hard earlier this 'winter'. One constant though, usually the chassis of whatever your driving keeps the machine from sinking out of sight...usually...:D

/ Stuck in the Mud
usually the chassis of whatever your driving keeps the machine from sinking out of sight...usually

Manitoba has some very excellent farmland but underneath there is some very nice clay. Yes, you may have problems come spring.:(

Out here in the maritime's the soil does get saturated but usually drains out; at least in the area we live in. [ Glacial moraines sitting on bedrock]:)

Right now we are slipping and sliding along the coast on just a few inches of snow.

/ Stuck in the Mud #13  
Very nice pics. It kinda suprises me that the ones that have the most votes dont look near as stuck as some of the ones about half way down the page:confused2:

Like the ones you cant even see tires on. Or the excavator where all you can see is part of the boom.

Can you imagine being the one to have to hook the chain/strap up:laughing:
;) Yeah, I think the voters musta got tired of looking early and didnt see all of them before they voted. :rolleyes:
larry

/ Stuck in the Mud #14  
Good one Egon !! Enjoyed that,.. brings up some of those extremely frustrating memories, where you actually wonder if it is going to be possible to get 'er out ? OR, do you leave 'er there till the ground freezes up a bit,..OR, do you leave it till things dry up next summer ?

BUT,... then you round up some help and equipment, some dry clothes and boots,.. along with a new attitude and get back out there till the job is done!!!!

Like one of the winners mentioned,...you always think it only happens to you,.. till you see all these photos,... then you can laugh with the rest!! I'm just thinking that what seems an "enormous experience" at the time,...actually turns out to be just a small part of a big life eh?

Thanks for that one Egon.

CHEERS !
. . tug

/ Stuck in the Mud #18  
This pic was taken from me setting stuck in my Jeep. Made it through the first time but let off on the gas when I made the second pass. I was drifting a little too close for comfort towards the pond. Dang GA red clay packed the treads and I was done. My cousin brought the Deer and had no trouble getting me back on track.:D

stuck1.jpg