Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    '78 Kubota B6100DT

Default Tractor Home

This shows a better picture of where my tractor lives when not in use.
    (I guess I can squeek this in under "Tractor Photos" [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

We built this pole "barn" during a family reunion back in May. In a week, my Father in Law, three uncles and I got the poles up, roof on and the front and back siding on. I've finished it the rest of the way myself.

It's 40' wide by 32' deep. The middle bay is sized to house our motor home, the right hand bay with the garage door is where I keep my kubota, lawn tractor, implements and truck. The left hand side is my "to-be" woodworking shop. It's just bare wall studs and floor now - - winter project...

Bill

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kubota B2910, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.

Default Re: Tractor Home

Bill

One absoluetly fine "Barn" looks like excellent workmanship. Know you are proud as well you should. Didn't even look at the tractor.

This structure, shape & size, fits my needs very well. Did you have plans, or just wing it? Tell us if the plans are available anywhere? I sure would like to have a set to build this barn! Do you have a loft in the center? Really Nice.
    larry

Tractor
    JD 2240 2wd, (50 pto hp)

I agree with McCallum. Great looking building. I'm guessing that the tractor came before the barn since it looks a little more broke in. I personally have a tractor nor tractor storage. I'm </font color=green>green </font color=black>with envy.

Boots.

Tractor
    None currently

Very nice Barn, Bill! Here's mine... about 12 years old... as you can see by the color of the wood. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

28wx48d, 3 stalls, tackroom, feed room, workshop, and a hay loft...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    '78 Kubota B6100DT

Nice barn, Muhammad. Did you build it yourself?

Larry: My barn is a combination of several things.

It is based on a standard set of plans for a 24' X 32' pole barn that I bought at 84 Lumber and Home Center. But that wasn't exactly what I wanted so I got about five books on pole building construction and started modifying the stock plans. My main purpose was a place to get the motor home out of the weather and to have a woodworking shop. I actually didn't know I would be getting the tractor at the time.

Basically, I split the stock plans down the middle, separated the two halves by 16' and raised the roof of the middle section. I could have just extended the side section roof lines to meet in the middle and I would have had plenty of height for the motor home but it would have just looked like a big industrial building and I wanted a "barn" look. There is plenty of height for a loft in there but I didn't put one in because I didn't want to deal with engineering the building to carry the loads.

I actually did put together (literally - cut, paste and re-draw) a set of plans for the barn. In addition to those, there was a certain amount of on-site, real time "engineering" done to make it all come together.

I suppose that the stock plans are now heavily modified enough that I can call them my own and not risk copyright violations. If you're interested, send me a private message with your address and I'll mail you a copy.

Bill

Tractor
    None currently

<font color=blue>Did you build it yourself?</font color=blue>

I wish... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kubota B2910, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.

Bill & Muhammad
    I wait 15 years to get the tractor of my dreams - It finally arrives - I'm feeling pretty good about things in general AND you 2 come along and make me start lusting after Barns! Does it NEVER end?? Muhammad - do those Dutch Plaques really ward off evil spirits?

Tractor
    None (at present)

Bill, Muhammad, either one of you can 'de-build' that structure, load it onto a flatbed and send it my direction!!! Sure beats my t-a-r-p! I ain't gonna tell 'Grumpy' what other tractors get to sleep in, he'd get a wee bit upset. )

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

Do I see ag tires on the front of your tractor and turfs on the back?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    '78 Kubota B6100DT

Yup - Ags on the front and Turfs on the back. See the story on the B6100DT thread....

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast