My new JD 5055d

/ My new JD 5055d #1  

jeffxjet

Tractor
JD 5055D
I was without internets for awhile and finally got some pics on my computer and the internet to upload some photos. Here are a few shots of my new(first) tractor.

DSC09265.jpg

My youngest holding the keys hostage for a ride.

DSC08890.jpg

Sitting by the barn waiting on some tree spade maintenance.

DSC09328.jpg

/ My new JD 5055d #2  
I was without internets for awhile and finally got some pics on my computer and the internet to upload some photos. Here are a few shots of my new(first) tractor.

DSC09265.jpg

My youngest holding the keys hostage for a ride.

DSC08890.jpg

Sitting by the barn waiting on some tree spade maintenance.

DSC09328.jpg

Very nice. Have you used that tree spade yet? I'd love an attachment like that. I'm curious how well it work, appears to be the type without the hydraulic rams.

/ My new JD 5055d
Very nice. Have you used that tree spade yet? I'd love an attachment like that. I'm curious how well it work, appears to be the type without the hydraulic rams.

Yes, I used it to move about 20 or 30 trees so far. It works great, the only down side is it is VERY labor intensive. It takes about 60-70 hits of the driver to put 1 spade in the ground times 4 spades times 2 hole for each tree. And the driver weighs 42 pounds I think. I could not do these trees by hand and the tree spade saves the rootball making tree survival very likely.

Here are some pics in action.
DSC08917.jpg

DSC08916.jpg

DSC09337.jpg

DSC09335.jpg

DSC09340.jpg

/ My new JD 5055d
The last one is a link to a video of me pulling the tree out of the ground.

/ My new JD 5055d #5  
Great looking Tractor. Looks like your having Fun.

Be Safe

Charlie