New Holland TC40D/ 17LA Loader/ 758C Backhoe

Default TC40D

Here is a picture of my toy!

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: TC40D

Joe,
    "A toy" yikes...more like a work horse.
    Great looking tractor but needs a tad of orange....just kidding. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hope you are getting plenty of set time,and stay safe down there.

Thomas..NH [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

Joe -

I'm an orange-oriented kinda guy, but I gotta admit these big blue machines I've been seeing lately are pretty impressive.

Maybe there's room in this world for other <font color=blue>c</font color=blue><font color=orange>o</font color=orange><font color=red>l</font color=red><font color=green>o</font color=green><font color=purple>r</font color=purple>s after all. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously -- nice machine!

Tractor
    None (at present)

Default RE: TC40D

Nice looking tractor Joe! Blue is do-able. I will say though that I hope your implements are a different color! That way they would offer a little contrasting splash of brightness....say Orange? Would that be asking too much? ;o) Seriously though, nice tractor!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

I was at my dealer the other day when a TC40 drove by in the parking lot. Darn if it wasn't quieter than my B2400. What kind of muffler system do you have on that Bad Boy?

The difference in sounds between the different brands is interesting. I have seen a message or two by folks saying the kubota is quieter than the New Holland, but it seemed to me that my cousin's TC29D is quieter than my B2710. Of course, I've never had them together to compare, and most of my tractor work is in open spaces and I was using his in dense woods, which might also account for some of the difference. And then of course for old folks like me who wear hearing aids . . ., well, maybe I had the volume turned down when I was using his TC29D.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Bird

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D/ 17LA Loader/ 758C Backhoe

I think that it's because the muffler comes out under the tractor and not overhead where it would be louder.