BIRDS 2710

/ BIRDS 2710 #11  
Bird - whatcha got on that hourmeter ?

0.2 ? Given the obvious young age of Bird from picture I'd say that was probably his recently received High School Diploma.

/ BIRDS 2710 #12  
<font color=blue>Given the obvious young age of Bird</font color=blue>

Obviously, you need to go see your eye doctor for new glasses, since I'm not sure there's anyone on the forum older than I am (a couple about the same, I think)./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I've only got about 207 hours on the meter. The tractor's just been sitting in the shop building collecting dust for awhile now. With the drought, it looked like the grass all died, and I've been busy with other things, too. However, we got .1" of rain today, 1.54" over three days last weekend, and 1.5" the weekend before. Not enough to cure the drought, but it's amazing how the grass has greened up and started to grow again, so now as soon as it's dry enough (and I'm in no hurry for that to happen - just glad to see the rain and cool weather), I've got to mow the yard again and till the garden plot again, and sure glad of it, too./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ BIRDS 2710 #13  
Hey guys, don't rag ol Bird about his coveralls This old
retired cop also wears them. After years of wearing a gunbelt with loaded .357, holster, 12 rounds xtra ammo, radio w/case,baton and handcuffs, for a total of about 12 or 13 pounds. I hate anything restrictive around my waist.

/ BIRDS 2710 #14  
Ain't it the truth, Jim? After years of either wearing that uniform, gun belt, etc., or a coat and tie (well over half of my career it was my choice, and I preferred the uniform to the coat and tie), now the only time I wear anything but Dickey's jumpsuits is when it's absolutely necessary to keep peace in the family. When my youngest daughter asked if I'd walk her down the aisle to get married, I told that would be fine so long as I could do it in my jumpsuit, and she said that was fine with her. But my wife promptly went and bought me a new suit./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ BIRDS 2710 #15  
Hi Bird,

It's good to put a face (and tractor) with all the comments. Great looking machine. It looks like you have a Bush Hog rear discharge mower... How do you like it?

/ BIRDS 2710 #16  
BIRD, thats the way I am. when I "dress up" I wear my khaki Dickies, As a matter of fact I wore them to federal court while on jury duty.jim

/ BIRDS 2710 #17  
Yep, Pat, it's a Bush Hog RDTH60 and I don't know of any I would like better; been a great little mower so far. I just got it a year last August.

Bird

/ BIRDS 2710 #18  
Jury duty, Jim? Did you serve on a jury? I was always used to the idea in Dallas that defense attorneys wouldn't take cops or their relatives or friends, but darned if I didn't wind up as jury foreman on a capital murder case since I've been living down here in the country./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Bird

/ BIRDS 2710 #19  
Dang Bird I'm real envious of that green grass and clean looking tractor. My 2710 only has 155 hours and it is very dirty. It hasn't been used much this whole summer due to the drought and because I have been busy getting our house ready for sale so that we can move to our spread. I have to say those ag tires are more attractive than my R4s. I guess I need to go clean up my tractor.........

/ BIRDS 2710 #20  
Yes, Bird it envolved an 18 wheeler and a pickup truck MVA. I still have to go back one more time. I just got notice yesterday that I have been selected to serve on the County Circuit Court jury also. Thats the same thing as superior court. jim