rotory cutting hills

/ rotory cutting hills #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Here is a photo of the 2 1/2 acres that i just cut that are behind my Antique shop.

Von

/ rotory cutting hills #2  
A very pretty view! It looks like you have some steep inclines to deal with.

Gene

/ rotory cutting hills #3  
Very pretty setting, but also looks like some careful work is necessary to mow it.

Bird

/ rotory cutting hills #4  
I've been through Victor, NY and as I recall it's a very pretty area. Near Rochester if memory serves me (often times it doesn't). I travel on business through Western NY on occasion (Buffalo, Rochester, Southern Tier). We lived in Orchard Park NY for a couple of years on one of those "developmental assignments" before coming back to Michigan.

I didn't notice a tiltmeter on that fine looking machine of yours. With hills like that, if you don't have one.........

What's the name of your antique store in case I see Western NY in the near future.

Bob Pence

/ rotory cutting hills
Bob,
Your right we are just outside of Rochester, and the name of the shop is "Victor House Antiques". As for the hills, I just go up and down, not sideways. On the one that is to the left and behind I only go down it and drive around to get to the top. I only cut about every 6-8 weeks.

Von

/ rotory cutting hills
Thanks Peter,
I have been told that in the late 1800's and up to the 1950's that it was all flower gardens and a few small barns for livestock up on the hill. It was cleared by the last owner and just left as grass.

Von

/ rotory cutting hills #8  
Von,Pretty place,hope you don't have to heat your "shop" with heating oil,ouch!!!! if you do.

/ rotory cutting hills
Mike,
No, thank god! I have a gas hot water boiler and gas fireplace for heat. Since I don't live here, I have the thermostat set to go to 50 at 3:00pm and turn on at 10:00am to 63. So when I open at 11:00 its not too bad in here. Largest heat bill last winter was $300.00. Thats not bad when you consider the size of the house (4500sqft)

Von

/ rotory cutting hills #10  
Von,

That's a nice photo... real nice! Thanks!

msig.gif