Santa's View

/ Santa's View #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
Santa\'s View

I'm posting a picture a friend sent me (Is that considered re-gifting?). I call the picture "Santa's View" of the Mediterranean. In the picture, you can make out most of the major cities of Europe, Paris, Athens, Rome, and Barcelona. Madrid, Spain and Gibraltar are still in the sunlight. If you look at the top of the picture, you can see the place my friend calls home. Of course, he has to pass over frozen Greenland to get there.

I think it's a pretty spectacular view and I don't think "my friend" would mind me sharing it, after all, he's known for sharing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Attachments

• 35-219989-Sunset1.jpg
    35-219989-Sunset1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 173
   / Santa's View #2  
Re: Santa\'s View

Jim,

Agreed, that is an awesome view of Western Europe. I made it background on the desktop to look at for a while.

Thanks for sharing this.

Carl

/ Santa's View #3  

Any Idea of were the picture was taken from. That is an awsome picture.

/ Santa's View

Steve, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, but have been "out of pocket" for a couple of days. The photo was sent to me by a retired American Airlines pilot who has a trail of contacts all the way the NASA. He thinks it is a composite photo with some enhancement. What is so spectacular to me, besides the obvious, is that there seems to not be a cloud anywhere in the sky. How often is that going to happen? I'm glad I could share the view with everyone.

/ Santa's View #5  

It happens all the time in composite photos.

/ Santa's View #6  

I'm surprised to see so much lighting in Nigeria. It looks as much developed as Western Europe.