Lawn Vac System

/ Lawn Vac System #1  

JackIL

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500
There have been several posts in the past asking about lawn vac systems so I thought I would describe mine. The hydraulic dump trailer with special hitch for mounting an 8 HP EZ Vac Chipper-Shredder-Vacuum was custom made. I originally pulled it with John Deere garden tractors, but now use it primarily with the Steiner since I have very steep hills. I previously had an 8 hp Trac Vac unit on the trailer. It worked fine as a vacuum, but the EZ Vac unit also shreds all material with an internal "hammer-mill"l. Both provide excellent performance. The trailer capacity is 42 bushels. I will post other photos in subsequent replies. I don't know all the tricks for placing several photos in one post.

/ Lawn Vac System
This shows the dumping process.

/ Lawn Vac System
This system is over 20 feet long from the front of the mower deck to the back of the trailer, but it is capable of very sharp turns in both directions.

/ Lawn Vac System
Right side view as tractor starts up steep slope.

/ Lawn Vac System #5  
Jack,nice setup,looks like you have just what you need to take care of the yard.Could you show a pic of the connection on the mower deck to vac hose.I'm thinking of a similar setup with my chipper/shredder and trailer.Tom

/ Lawn Vac System #6  
JackIL, that is a very good looking rig. How do you like the Stiener? Looks like a stable machine with those tires and a wide stance.

As far as the vacuum goes, that really looks like a GREAT addition. The leaves are dropping real fast here in Michigan......an how far are you from Flint, MI and how long will it take you to get here?

Bob Pence

/ Lawn Vac System #7  
Jack: Will this thing also pickup Pecans, without the bits of fallen branches interfereing?? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Lawn Vac System
The connector is a standard Trac-Vac boot made for the Steiner deck. I will get a photo later.

/ Lawn Vac System
Thanks. I really like the Steiner for work on slopes. As to coming to Flint, well, I'll probably not make it this year. I do a lot of "recreational vacuuming" for the folks in my neighborhood, and they keep me pretty busy this time of year.

/ Lawn Vac System
Well it picks up acorns from my yard so it would probably pick up pecans. The only problem is that it also pulverizes the nuts beyond recognition.