Plow on a Tracker!

/ Plow on a Tracker! #1  

kbarrett

Silver Member
Tractor
Exmark Turf Ranger - TR22KC604
Yup, necessity is the mother of invention. Agricover makes a nifty "low-tech" personal plow but didn't have a receiver mount for a Geo Tracker. Took the the Tracker to a local Black Smith and voila' instant economical snow removal.

I might add that I refer to this vehicle as my Geo "Tractor."
Fully heated and enclosed cab, can drive it down the road even and yes it works quite well for removing snow off of my 650 foot drive.

Cheers,

Kevin Barrett
Lowell, MI

Attachments

• 35-230093-Tracker2.jpg
    35-230093-Tracker2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 844
   / Plow on a Tracker! #2  
About how much does the plow weigh,also how high can you lift the plow.

/ Plow on a Tracker! #3  
<font color=blue>About how much does the plow weigh,</font color=blue>
Not sure of the exact weight, but ads for the plow indicate one person can install it.

<font color=blue>,also how high can you lift the plow. </font color=blue>
It's not powered. It's either down on the ground, as in the picture, or in a stored position at the top of the supports.

Here's the URL <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mysnowsport.com/>MySnowSport Plow</A>.

/ Plow on a Tracker!
Thomas,

The blade weighs 110 lbs and can be easily handled by one person.

There is no height adjustment per se' The blade travels up and down the rails as it follows the contour of the terrain.
Works great on gravel drives and will not ruin a lawn.

Sounds kind of "hokey" but it works really well in practice. Four Wheeler magazine had a review in December and they really liked it as well.

I like the simplicity of it. It can be added and removed in seconds.

Total system (including Tracker) was about $500 more than an Ariens 13HP sno-thrower. My drive takes only a few minutes to do as opposed to hours.

I recommend this personal utility plow to anyone who fits this description:

Rural property owner with long drive living in the snowbelt
who doesn't have all the time in the world, but likes to have fun!

/ Plow on a Tracker! #6  
Does the blade "angle" so the snow spills off to one side or do you have to plow a long drive in a herringbone pattern? Can the blade be raised for transport or is it always in the "plowing" position?

/ Plow on a Tracker! #7  
No offense, WVBill and damnyankee, but answers to these questions, and more, can be obtained at the URL I posted, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mysnowsport.com/>MySnowSport Plow</A>.

Cost is approximately $1,200, it doesn't angle and it can be raised (manually) for transport.

/ Plow on a Tracker!
Agricover will have an angle option later this year (this I've been told can be adapted to the current plow). Not having the ability to angle is not as much of an issue as I first feared. I may not even get the opton.

The plow does have a transport position. It is very easy to move from transport to plow. I can do this myself in a matter of seconds.

Total cost for me was a bit differen't, because I had to get a custom receiver welded to the tracker frame. The plow cost me $1079 and the custom work was about $310 (material and labor).

It was well worth it. I highly recommend it as it has exceeded my expecations.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif