Got a rare glimpse of

/ Got a rare glimpse of #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
Got a rare glimpse of our properties King this evening, from the extra ripples down him looks as though he's been doing his job:thumbsup:
this is the first Ive seen him out in a while, I usually see him hanging around the rafters in the barn, or sometimes he finds his way into my shop,
he's a bit over 6 ft. Black King snake, we've also got a good size pine snake hanging around, he helps keep the moles, mice and ground squirrels under control, the two have been around for 6-7 years so either they avoid one-another or get along real well,

/ Got a rare glimpse of #2  
That's a pretty big snake, I don't really have a fear of snakes, usually try to grab and handle them, but our little garter snakes are only a few feet long and not that fat.

I think I might feel a little uncomfortable bumping into that guy in my shop!

JB.

/ Got a rare glimpse of #3  
He's a fat King Snake from eating all those rattlers and copperheads in Braselton;)

/ Got a rare glimpse of #4  
You sure that's a king snake? From the picture it looks like a rat snake. Kings have the very profound but thin white stripes on their backs. Rat snakes often kink up like that, I've never seen a king do it (although they very well might).

King or rat, either way it's a good snake to have around. Good for you for not going straight for a shotgun like most.

/ Got a rare glimpse of #5  
We have a snake in our farm, we named it "Glutton" which is causing a bit of a problem since it ate our chicken and we haven't catch it yet. Ill take a picture and post it here if we catch the snake.

/ Got a rare glimpse of
Rat snake or Black snake.... He's still King snake around here;) and while having 6 acres that he and I tend to I've not seen but one other snake on our property and he is a good snake too :thumbsup:
the pine snake looks like the one in the picture

Last edited: