Farmall Cub

/ Farmall Cub #1  

Will

Gold Member
Tractor
B2410HSD
This is the tractor I used for 10 years before buying a new Kubota.

I'm a little worried that people who don't know me might be put off by the picture. I'm kind of paranoid about the safety of my kids - they aren't allowed in the front seat of a vehicle, they have to wear seat belts in the back seat, they can look at my tractor all they like, but they can't get near it if I'm not there. If anyone thinks the picture is setting a bad example, e-mail me directly and I'll replace it.

/ Farmall Cub #2  
I'm surprised you got rid of such a nice looking tractor. It appears to be in excellent shape.
Also, I'm sure that this was a well supervised photo shoot and the children were in no danger.
What does your wife say about parking the tractor in front of such a beautiful house?

/ Farmall Cub #3  
Will -

Don't worry about the picture. I have a young boy and girl of my own, and this sort of thing happens all the time. In fact, just the other day when I caught my son throwing butcher knives at my daughter ... wait a minute!

Did someone say your picture was faked? /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Farmall Cub #4  
Will, those were really neat little tractors, but I don't recall ever seeing one with a belly mower before.

Bird

/ Farmall Cub #5  
Will,
Great picture!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Somewhat reminds me of my younger days. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Okay what was year on that gem?
Looks to be about 1953 to 1955.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Farmall Cub #6  
Bird,
Cruising Ebay and such, I have found that to be a pretty popular combo.They seem to be popular in the northeast, and midwest. They get more rain than us... and have to mow a lot from what I've gathered on the antique web pages.

Something like this is actually what I wanted before I found my '41 A. Cub's are few and far between in N. Calif.

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Farmall Cub
That's a 1948 model. If the Kubota holds up as well I'll be ready to sell it in 2049. It's got a 4 cylinder engine that generates about 10HP at the PTO. It's a great mowing machine. They go up in value every spring by a few hundred dollars when the grass is growing and then go back down in the fall.

/ Farmall Cub #9  
Scruffy, grass is funny stuff. With the drought, I didn't have to mow the yard in August and September and nearly all of October, and you'd have thought it all died out and would have to be seeded, sodded, or something, but then after we got some rain, it came right back and I mowed a week ago Saturday (10/28/00), and now we've gotten nearly 5" of rain in the past week, and it really needs mowing now (if it ever gets dry enough). Grass is solid green and deep, and more rain in the forecast for the next couple of days./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Farmall Cub #10  
Good picture, i had one just like that one time, the 4ft belly mower, mowed as slick as any push mower i've ever seen, and it would pull right up in the bed of a long wheel base chevy truck..a friend (prof. in engineering at local college) used his cub to mow cemeteries to pick up extra $$ every summer. His Cub and a push mower was all he used. It must be something to do with the tip speed of the blade that caused them to mow so well..everyone laughs at my B6100, 3cyl deisel with 14hp; but they don't remember the hp of the cubs..
heehaw