I named it Twiggy

/ I named it Twiggy #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
I was mowing this morning and looked down to see this tiny little fellow heading for the deep grass (striped garter snake?). I stopped the mower and convinced it to go back across the driveway and out of harms way. I called it Twiggy because it was about 10" long and less than 1/8" diameter at the largest point. These are cellphone photos, but if you look closely at the 2nd photo, you can see Twiggy is stickin' its tongue out at me.:laughing:

Attachments

• clippy1.jpg
    clippy1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 374
  • clippy2.jpg
    clippy2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 400
   / I named it Twiggy #2  
Send him to Eddies place!:D

/ I named it Twiggy #3  
dang....those some kinda Texas soft rocks you got growing in your lawn Jim ?? .... if not I imagine the neighbors must be able to hear you mowing (and cussin) from miles around :laughing:

/ I named it Twiggy #4  
Good Afternoon Jim,
All I can think of is that fellow out in Tombstone, AZ that was telling us the story on here about the time he went out bushoggin and he hit a nest of rattlers, and some of them got thrown up on the tractor !!! Yikes !!!;):)

/ I named it Twiggy #5  
That would make you a believer in a cab tractor !:eek:

/ I named it Twiggy #6  
Good Afternoon Jim,
All I can think of is that fellow out in Tombstone, AZ that was telling us the story on here about the time he went out bushoggin and he hit a nest of rattlers, and some of them got thrown up on the tractor !!! Yikes !!!;):)

That would make you a believer in a cab tractor !:eek:

OH No! That'd be enough to make me MOVE. At least after I changed my pants:D

/ I named it Twiggy
Well, this tiny little snake wasn't going to hurt anyone. . . unless you hurt yourself because you are scared by all snakes. I wouldn't even try to pick him up because I was afraid it was so delicate I would hurt it. That little sucker was really fast too. Keegs, I'm sure you were kidding, but those "rocks" in the photo are mostly 1/2" and 3/4" gravel in my driveway. I walked behind ol' Twiggy and it zipped across my driveway very quickly. It was so fast that I only got about 2 out of 10 pictures I tried to take. I have lots of half-snake pictures because it would move between the time I snapped the shutter button and the cellphone actually took the picture.:rolleyes:

/ I named it Twiggy #8  
I saw a snake about two foot long cross the road about as fast as I was going down the road the other afternoon. I don't know if a snake can do an airboat thing over hot blacktop. But I strongly suspect this one might.

We had a big chicken snake get one of the chickens the other morning. We relocated him after giving him a lecture about the difference between mice and chickens.

/ I named it Twiggy #9  
Dispatched a 3 1/2 foot long Water Mocassin last night. :thumbsup: Sorry no pictures.:mad:

/ I named it Twiggy
We had a big chicken snake get one of the chickens the other morning. We relocated him after giving him a lecture about the difference between mice and chickens.

:D:D:thumbsup: You're a good man, Charlie Brown.;)

Lee: Was the cottonmouth in your pond or somewhere else?