Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

Default Re: Original Photos from the Civil War....

Very interesting. Thanks. Sadly I doubt people will ever be free of war.
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Tractor
    F3080

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Yeah, doesn't look like there were many appeals back then....justice was swift, maybe we could relearn a lesson..
    Yeah, you're right. I noticed a bunch of white men hanging a black man for desertion in one of those pictures.

What are the odds that the black man really tried to go AWOL as to perhaps the chance that he just pissed a bunch of white guys off and they decided to hang him and give a good reason for it?
    Just because you can't do everything, doesn't mean that you have to chose to do nothing.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigarms View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I noticed a bunch of white men hanging a black man for desertion in one of those pictures.

What are the odds that the black man really tried to go AWOL as to perhaps the chance that he just pissed a bunch of white guys off and they decided to hang him and give a good reason for it?
    I wasn't there . No way to know.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    F3080

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    I wasn't there . No way to know.
    You're right, but what do you think the odds were?

People who want swift justice like the "old days" seem to forget about all the people who were screwed LOL
    Just because you can't do everything, doesn't mean that you have to chose to do nothing.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Very nice collection.

A relatively unknown place to go for those who have civil war interests, is the Walter Reed Army Hospital museum, in DC.

They still display General Sickles amputated leg, (bone). (They say he would come to visit it). Daniel Edgar Sickles, Major General, United States Army In addition to other civil war artifacts, they have some fascinating before and after photo's of civil war injuries.

Surprisingly, back then, they were somewhat able to deal with things like having live solders brought in, who had their face smashed in by a cannon ball.

Tractor
    2010 John Deere 3038e

Thanks for posting,very good site!

2010 JD 3038e with 305 Loader & PHD 200 Post Hole Digger & Homemade PTO Driven Hay Elevator
    2010 JD Gator XUV 620i - Electric Dump ,Herculiner Bed Liner and Cab with Lexan Poly Windshield
    2007 Titan 14,000lb Capacity 20ft Gooseneck Flatbed Trailor - Perfect for my toys
    2008 White Logan Coach 20ft Stock Trailor with Tack Room Built In and Tinted Side Windows
    2001 White GMC K2500 HD Short Bed 3/4ton PU fully and I mean FULLY Loaded with 8.1 liter Vortec V8

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Quote Originally Posted by ray66v View Post
    Very nice collection.

A relatively unknown place to go for those who have civil war interests, is the Walter Reed Army Hospital museum, in DC.

Surprisingly, back then, they were somewhat able to deal with things like having live solders brought in, who had their face smashed in by a cannon ball.
    The old medical sets from that era has an assortment of saws, for cutting bones. Cotton or boiled rags for dressings. Whiskey for anestisia..A strong stomach for injurys...and blood and guts.
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Tractor

Yeah,' the good old days', when life wasn't nearly as long...Shooting was the major cause, some poeple want to revert to that when they are carrying,now ?? It's really not for use when someone cut you off accidentally going to the next gas pump? Waving a pistol on the streets is still not a good idea? Some Hangings were a public event...
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigarms View Post
    You're right, but what do you think the odds were?

People who want swift justice like the "old days" seem to forget about all the people who were screwed LOL
    Sigarms...I think I might have figured out what you are getting at...If this answers your question about my feelings....I would rather see 10 guilty folks go free than to imprison or for sure execute one innocent person...

Someone falsely accused and convicted - but by the grace of God go I.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor

I did go back and look at them again. Still a grim reminder of war.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast