Original Photos from the Civil War....

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #11  
Very interesting. Thanks. Sadly I doubt people will ever be free of war.

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #12  
Yeah, doesn't look like there were many appeals back then....justice was swift, maybe we could relearn a lesson..

Yeah, you're right. I noticed a bunch of white men hanging a black man for desertion in one of those pictures.

What are the odds that the black man really tried to go AWOL as to perhaps the chance that he just pissed a bunch of white guys off and they decided to hang him and give a good reason for it?

/ Original Photos from the Civil War....
Yeah, you're right. I noticed a bunch of white men hanging a black man for desertion in one of those pictures.

What are the odds that the black man really tried to go AWOL as to perhaps the chance that he just pissed a bunch of white guys off and they decided to hang him and give a good reason for it?

I wasn't there . No way to know.

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #15  
Very nice collection.

A relatively unknown place to go for those who have civil war interests, is the Walter Reed Army Hospital museum, in DC.

They still display General Sickles amputated leg, (bone). (They say he would come to visit it). Daniel Edgar Sickles, Major General, United States Army In addition to other civil war artifacts, they have some fascinating before and after photo's of civil war injuries.

Surprisingly, back then, they were somewhat able to deal with things like having live solders brought in, who had their face smashed in by a cannon ball. :eek:

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #16  
Thanks for posting,very good site! :thumbsup:

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #17  
Very nice collection.

A relatively unknown place to go for those who have civil war interests, is the Walter Reed Army Hospital museum, in DC.

Surprisingly, back then, they were somewhat able to deal with things like having live solders brought in, who had their face smashed in by a cannon ball. :eek:

The old medical sets from that era has an assortment of saws, for cutting bones. Cotton or boiled rags for dressings. Whiskey for anestisia..A strong stomach for injurys...and blood and guts.

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #18  
Yeah,' the good old days', when life wasn't nearly as long...Shooting was the major cause, some poeple want to revert to that when they are carrying,now ?? It's really not for use when someone cut you off accidentally going to the next gas pump? Waving a pistol on the streets is still not a good idea? Some Hangings were a public event...

/ Original Photos from the Civil War....
You're right, but what do you think the odds were?

People who want swift justice like the "old days" seem to forget about all the people who were screwed LOL

Sigarms...I think I might have figured out what you are getting at...If this answers your question about my feelings....I would rather see 10 guilty folks go free than to imprison or for sure execute one innocent person...

Someone falsely accused and convicted - but by the grace of God go I.

/ Original Photos from the Civil War.... #20  
I did go back and look at them again. Still a grim reminder of war.