Let it snow

/ Let it snow #1  

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Finally took a picture of my 2910. Just finished installing a Curtis 6 ½' snow blade. But need enough snow to use it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

ronh

/ Let it snow #2  
Ron,

That's a nice looking blade. I use a back blade and it works well for me, but I'm sure not as well as a front blade. You're on the wrong side of the state for snow this week! I've got over 6" here in the Battle Creek area and a co-worker of mine that lives west of US-131 told me yesterday that he has gotten about 24" so far! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Let it snow #3  
ronjhall,
Won't take long to clean your driveway with that great looking setup.

Now don't play in the street during a snow storm just to have fun, /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I'm sure your neighbors will be drooling as they watch you,and just might ask you to plow them out. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

May you and your family have a safe and pleasant Thanksgiving holiday.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Let it snow #4  
Looks nice. Looks like it may be a bit overkill for that sidewalk though. LOL!

Paul B

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by s1120 on 11/23/00 07:52 AM.</FONT></P>

/ Let it snow #5  
Ron looks like a great setup... May I ask how you went about attaching it?

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Let it snow
Ben thanks for the good words. I installed the blade using the kit that Curtis supplies. Check out the picture attached. When a blade is ordered from them, the size of the pin in FEL and cylinders is required. I did have to weld the brackets that connect FEL to the blade assembly. The part that took some work was hooking up the valve for changing angle of blade. I purchased the rear hydraulic output port from Kubota to get oil to the valve. I mounted the valve underneath the FEL valve. The Blade weighs 500 lbs. So extra weight is needed at rear of tractor. Not wanting to load tires or add weights. I have ordered a new back blade. The Land Pride RB1572 that I bought with tractor weighs 260lbs. The heavy duty RB3572 weighs 460 lbs and gives me more options when using it. My dealer is giving me what I paid for the original one back, to apply toward the new blade. I have purchased tire chains [www.tirechains.com] for the front and rear tires. Tire chain on the right rear hits fender. I'm going to make a spacer to move axle out 1". Should have that done in the next couple of weeks. May not need the rear chains. One of the forum threads had a note about only using the front chains anyways. I haven't decided what type of extra lighting I'm going to add. But I have seen some good ones on this discussion forum. Saw some nice ones at my local marine store, Good price,$30 for 2 and made with stainless steel.
But still no snow for a good tryout. Let you know how well it works when we get some deep snow on this side of Michigan. Everything looks like California mud today.

ronh/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Let it snow #7  
Do you have plenty of power for pusing that blade? When I get my compact tractor I am thinking about getting one.I want to know because I plan on getting a larger tractor than you have.

/ Let it snow
My tractor has more than enough power to push snow with the 6 ½' blade. The problem will be having enough traction to push the blade. With 4WD I will be able to raise the blade slightly off ground, which will put a lot of weight on the front axle. With chains on the tires I should have enough traction to push snow even on ice.

/ Let it snow #9  
Ronald,
Do you have counter balance on the rear end so the tire chains can get a better bite.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Let it snow
The only weight I have is a Land Pride 3572 Rear Blade. It weighs 460 lbs. That's 100 lbs more than my 60" Box Scraper. I have not had to move any snow yet. I did grade some dirt with this setup. Did a great job. Didn't load my tires. Don't want the weight for mowing the lawn in the summer.