Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Default Red Moon this evening

I like to take pics of the moon and I'm always trying to get something a little different. I've found that when the moon first comes up, it has the best color. Sometimes within minutes, it fades, and in less then an hour, its plain white. Tonight, it was bright red when it first came up!!!!

I like to get branches and leaves in front of the moon in some of my pics, but best of all, I like to get pics of it with the clouds passing in front of it. Tonight, the clouds where both interesting, and unique.

This might have been my best night ever of moon pictures!!!!

Eddie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -280-jpg   -305-jpg   -325-jpg   -328-jpg   -371-jpg  

-390-jpg  

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Red Moon this evening

Very Nice, Eddie. The wife and I both enjoyed them.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kubota B7800, B26 TLB

Very Nice, this was the last total lunar eclipse until 2014.
    Working to increase the scope of the small tractor experience, one quick attach at a time.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

There was a total lunar eclipse but was a bit of a fizzer here as there was too much cloud cover. Here's what one local paper said:

SunLive - Total eclipse proves lunar let down - The Bay's News First

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Nice photographs. We have never owned a quality camera. We always use the single use type cameras. We take pictures, turn the camera in for processing, and pick out our photos that turned out okay and pay for those. I am not sure, but in order to post pictures;etc on TBN, I assume that one needs to use one of those new digital cameras. This is why I have never included any pictures with my posts. I do enjoy seeing the pictures that other TBN members post. Thanks for posting.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota B-7500

Great shots Eddie. At first view I thought I like the first picture best then I looked again at all of them and heck I like them all. Thanks for posting them

Very nice, Eddie. But wasn't it kind of cool sitting outside to take those pictures?
    Bird

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I never thought I'd say it, but thanks for Mooning us, Eddie. Those are some very nice shots. The one looks like the moon is actually penetrating the clouds; a very nice effect.
    Jim

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Thanks. I took 127 pics and deleted 121 of them. I kept these six. A few where blury, but most where very similar to each other, but one was just a hair better then the other. I was out there for awhile. I had been deer/hog hunting and walking back a different rout then normal. Oscar and I had kind of gone the long way to check on the feeder at last light, and then went by this spot where I saw the moon just starting to come up. It was happening so fast that by the time I turned on my camera and got it focused, the moon was three quarters up. The first pic on here is the very first one that I took!!! Then we just stayed there until the color faded and it got behind some hazy clouds. My fingers where numb, but overall, I was dressed pretty good.

I take and post pics of the moon all the time on facebook. I'm always trying new settings and different places to see what comes out nice in front of it. A branch, or some leaves, or some pine needles. Sometimes it works, but most of the time, it doesn't. But that's what makes it fun. The challenge of trying to do it better.

Here are some of my moon pics.

Eddie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2186-jpg   -2219-jpg   -2585-jpg   -2201-jpg   -2707-jpg  

-2705-jpg   -2724-jpg   -2773-jpg   -29185-jpg   -264531-jpg  

-269818-jpg   -301042-jpg   -927102222-jpg   -927102443-jpg   -927102616-jpg  

-927102675-jpg  

Veteran Member

Nice pictures Eddie! Thanks for posting them. I don't ever get photos to turn out that well. You kept 6 out of 127, I'd be fortunate to have 1 decent one out of a thousand with the type pictures you took.
    "God makes appointments with us in our disappointments. To see the pattern we must take three steps involving the heart, the mind, and the cross." - Ravi Zacharias