Trail camera pics & advice

/ Trail camera pics & advice #1  

gotrocks

Platinum Member
Tractor
B-2910 delivered 8/23/01
Greeting,
I just received the camera and followed the instructions.
Things looked like "all was well."
First set up took several pictures and I thought I would
enjoy this camera.
Erased the pics on the SanDisk card and set the camera
up at another location, hoping to catch some wildlife.
Went back after two days and it was DEAD.
Checked batteries they all indicated at lest 1.22v
Install 4 new batteries.
Reset time and date, set up at another location.
After two days again I did have 8 pictures, BUT
the screen has ALL sensors on like 8888
DATE
TIME 18-88-88
It will not turn off in any switch position TEST -ON-OFF
What's wrong?

I removed the batteries and then it turned off.
Put batteries back in and attempt to reset date/time.
Half way thru process...blink blink... low battery!
Check all 4 batteries all show 1.3+ v.

I'm waiting of reply from mfg.

Here's 4 of the pic.

What's your guess for the black critter?
SUNP0004.JPG
Fox
SUNP0006.JPG
Deer
SUNP0007.JPG
Young Deer or could it be coyote?
SUNP0008.JPG

/ Trail camera pics & advice #2  
Black dog...kinda looks like a Chow?

I have an external battery pack I use with my game cam. It about the size of a motorcycle battery and its in it's own outdoor proof plastic box.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #3  
I had couple of those game cams,they went thru more batteries than what I pay for game cams...more so during winter months.

Damp weather I feel would be the down fall of those units.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #4  
What brand? Either way there is something wrong with that camera...return and get another.My experience has been about half the cameras you buy have to be returned.I am now trying Bushnel Trophy Cams(2011 models),they claim one year with lithum batteries.So far so good,take infared nite pics(a little blurry at times),very nice day time photos.I had two Wildgame Innovation cameras that were junk from day one.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #5  
I've had game cameras since 2004, all Moultrie brand.
My first one (an M40) ate batteries compared to the newer ones.
It died after about 3 or 4 months and they replaced it with a newer (not yet released) model that still runs today!
That got me to buy another Moultrie (an I60 infrared) that was easier on batteries and took better pictures.
After a while the read out stopped working properly, returned it and got it fixed fast for free.
After a couple more years the read out started acting up again and has been that way ever since.
My latest (and best) is an M65 that has bright LEDs instead of a flash and gets good color photos at night.
My advise is get hold of the manufacturer and get the camera fixed if it's stil under warrantee.
If not, buy a good brand name camera and don't get cheap or you'll get what you don't pay for in grief and agony.:thumbsup:

/ Trail camera pics & advice #6  
I'll agree with the other guys. Just return it and get another. You probably got a lemon. I picked up a Bushnell Trophy, got it home, worked for a few weeks and then tanked. The store they had some returns...but my specific error/problem was special :thumbsup: Anyway, got a different one and we're working well now.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #7  
I have two of those Wildview cameras, never had trouble with battery life. You should return the camera.
Looks to be two critters in the first picture, the one in front looks like a coon to me.

Attachments

• 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 2,040
   / Trail camera pics & advice #8  
What brand? Either way there is something wrong with that camera...return and get another.My experience has been about half the cameras you buy have to be returned.I am now trying Bushnel Trophy Cams(2011 models),they claim one year with lithum batteries.So far so good,take infared nite pics(a little blurry at times),very nice day time photos.I had two Wildgame Innovation cameras that were junk from day one.

You are going to love your bushnell camera. I got two seasons out of the same set of regular aa batteries, and they still work!

/ Trail camera pics & advice #9  
Black dog...kinda looks like a Chow?

Looks to be a dog to me as well.

I'm wondering why you failed to mention the manufacturer of the camera.
Something is a miss, and you have not got what you paid for. I use the Bushnell products and have not been dissapointed. Not to pricy and reliable.
please mention the brand you purchased.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #10  
I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam as well. It takes good movies both at night and day. It does not seem to take still photos - at all (2nd cam, same thing) or I just haven't figured it out. Weeds moving in the wind will trigger it. I set it up on a trail and let it set for 4 months. Battery life is excellent!