Sugaring ops

/ Sugaring ops #1  

alan40

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH1720, .
Sugaring season is over and made a total of four and a half gallons of liquid gold. It was alot of work but also alot of fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care ,

Attachments

• 256173-DSCF0002ss.JPG
    256173-DSCF0002ss.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 624
   / Sugaring ops #2  
Hey, congratulations Al! I love maple syrup. Made some as a kid so I sort of know what you had to go through. 4 1/2 gallons is quite a bit. Now let's see... 4 1/2 gallons over 6412 registered TBN members works out to about 1/2 teaspoon each. I'll start making some VERY small pancakes /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Sugaring ops #3  
Al,

That sure looks like fun and I'll bet you have some good breakfast feasts a head of you. I had to smile when I looked at your photo. If you were south of the Mason Dixon line that photo would have us looking for the revenuers. In the old days that set up would be cooking up something besides sap. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MarkV

/ Sugaring ops #4  
"If you were south of the Mason Dixon line that photo would have us looking for the revenuers."
LOL! That's funny and exactly what I thought! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Sugaring ops #5  
How many mature trees did it take to provide 4.5 gallons?

/ Sugaring ops
I tapped 20 trees but in the end was overwhelmed with an abundance of sap. To much sap and not enough boiling surface. Your right about the rev's. I figure Uncle Jed and Granny would of been right proud. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Sugaring ops #7  
Hey, nice rig!
My wife and I also tap for fun, usually about 30 trees. Great to get outside after the winter. We're about finished too although we're probably behind in terms of climate. It's a great spring past time, lots of people to visit monday, many laughs, cheers FMK

/ Sugaring ops
Sounds like you have as much fun as we do. With two little boys 6 and 23 months I have plenty of help. They love to taste the sap, syrup and haul wood. Too bad thewood hauling proberly won't last. Some of the big makers here are still collecting althought the trees have started to bud. Looking to build a little sugar shack and upgrade my rig just a little this summer.
Have a great day /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif