Oliver tractor with MMM

/ Oliver tractor with MMM #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
I just couldn't resist. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif These are actually pretty rare and this one is mine. They were only made in 1972 & 1973, so they aren't that old, but not many were made. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 265259-RightSide.JPG
    265259-RightSide.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,499
   / Oliver tractor with MMM #2  
Certainly one I've never seen. Looks to be in quite good shape, too.

/ Oliver tractor with MMM
It's been in my barn for over two years. Right after taking pictures this morning, I put gas into it and started it right up. It runs like a top. The only problem is the steering gear. I had it repaired once, but its acting up again. Just this last week I talked to a retired Oliver dealer/collector and he gave me some good tips on repairing and improving the steering ( the gearbox is manufactered by Ross). What got me moving on the project was that I discovered a rust-bucket Oliver 105 with a siezed engine on ebay /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. It's up to $635 and there is one more day before the deadline. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I gotta believe my little Ollie is worth a lot more than the one on ebay. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey, Bird. I promise to get in touch with you by telephone this week. I feel really bad I haven't done it yet. I need to slow down and take a few more breaks. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Oliver tractor with MMM #4  
Wow!!! That is cool!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love Ollies!! I have an Oliver 1550. The Ollie mowers are rare, and a running one should be worth quite a lot. You can probably find out if you want on the Oliver forum, on yesterdaystractors:

http://wwwytmag.com/oliver/wwwboard1.html

/ Oliver tractor with MMM #5  
Am I the only one not seeing the MMM?

Nice machine. I miss all the metal components of my old Kubota B.

/ Oliver tractor with MMM #6  
It's here in the first post, Oliver 105. I assumed the moderators would've morphed it over here by now. But I know they are busy.

Jim, I'd be interested in what kind of grade that baby can make with 50# of tools in the neat box.

Suggestion /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You know, when you get over 50 the mind starts to go and.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I meant to post the picture of the other side first. To make matters worse, I started a whole new thread titled "Oliver 105" instead of replying to myself. AARGH! Some days it doesn't pay to touch the keyboard. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks to Knucklehead for getting things linked-up for me.

Way cool suggestion! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Actually, the Oliver 105 has a "granny" gear low range that moves it at a turtles pace. With the engine wide open, it just creeps. I added the box when I first bought the Oliver before I had a tractor. I would put a chainsaw and a few other tools in there and go "blazing trails" through my woods. The toolbox was one of those things that proves the old saying, "Necessity is the mother of invention." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Oliver tractor with MMM #9  
I like it - it looks quite handy. I have an old Bolens (early 70's) single cylinder 12hp hydro unit under a tarp down back and you make me want to go mess with it. What kind of engine is in the Oliver?

Thanks for the link, Rich. I've actually been to the Oliver Forum and searched the web also. I found a nice fellow by the name of Duane Starr who is a retired Oliver Dealer. He has forgotten more in the last week than I'll ever know about tractors in a lifetime. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Anyhow, the fun part about my little Ollie is that it's not that old ('72, '73) but it is very rare. I kinda get a kick out of telling people I have an Oliver and then showing them my little mower. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif