Our utility vehicle

/ Our utility vehicle #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
This is the utility vehicle here on the farm. It's good for all sorts of tasks and will pull anyone out of the ditch to boot. Even my wife can run it. It's an automatic /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 268654-mvc-002s.jpg
    268654-mvc-002s.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,037
   / Our utility vehicle #2  
Always wanted one of them things. You must have some serious operation going up there!

Much as I love my wife, letting her tool around in something that can take out the car, the house, or most anything else that's above ground is a truly scary thought!

/ Our utility vehicle #3  
Nice Allis... There's a few of those around here still, Not a lot of work anymore though as most pits have gone to bigger machines...

/ Our utility vehicle #4  
Daryl what size is that a 545? The frist loader i learned to operate was a Fiat Allis with a spade nose bucket. I think i was 13. There handy to have around the place, Im building a brush rake for a freinds old Cat loader to pile a cut over.

/ Our utility vehicle #5  
My uncle tells me that he is done with skidsteers, and all for the payloaders. Claims they are better for stacking round bales, due to better visibility. I know he can't get the payloader into the shed to scrape manure, so I know he still has to skid around. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Our utility vehicle #6  
I used to operate a WA250 Komatsu loader for a cmpany that had quick tach forks to allow bucket changes from inside the cab. Very high visiblilty and handy to scrape 3 miles of haul roads. with the forks it was used tol haul pipe to the trenches, with the boom it could lower pipe and ten backfill with the bucket. Also hand y about changing tires on my pick up lol. Skid steers have there places, same job we had an 6 foot tall box culvert 80 feet wide get plugged full of silt. We dug out a ramp with and excavator and then drove the Bobcat down there seemed like i made a million trips diggin that thing out lol.

/ Our utility vehicle
This one never worked in a quarry, It came from a local elevator. Sort of a trade for transportation deal.

/ Our utility vehicle
Grandad:

I drive something with a lot more horsepower and Larger than the Allis for work everyday. Farming or should I say, haying is the part time job. I've attached my "office"

Attachments

• 269935-myoffice.jpg
    269935-myoffice.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 323
   / Our utility vehicle
Taylortractornut:

I'm not sure. The model plate is missing, but the tires are about 5 1/2 feet tall. It has an inline six, turbocharged Allis Chalmers diesel in it. It's fulltime 4wd, articulated of course. It has a three forward, three reverse transmission that actuates with a stalk next to the steering wheel. You move the stalk forward to go forward, back to go back. You twist the end of the stalk to change road speeds. She runs about 12 mph in high, on the governor. We have a material bucket, a fabbed bale spear that's 10 feet long so you can load 2 bales crosswise on a semi. We made the spear from an old carpet pole. We also fabbed a fork mount and use 15,000 pound forks on it. I think the most we ever dead lifted was about 10K and it gets light in the rear. It has a tremendous amount of push power in low. It's great for loading gravel, or salvage work. The engine smokes like a freight train when you work it hard. I understand that it is normal for an Allis to do that. I have discussed it with a number of mechanics. Our diesel tractors and trucks, if they smoke, generally mean that the air filter restriction is high or we have injector problems. The wrenches that I talked to said not to worry, it's an Allis trait.

/ Our utility vehicle
Boone:

We tried the skid loader route and he's right. We had a 773 Bobcat and it's great for tight places but the payloader is much better for loading trucks or staking. With the 'cat when you get over 2 high, you look out through the top of the FOPS. The Allis on the other hand, you look directly out the front window. We will be running hay next week and I will post a pile of photo's of the whole operation for everyone here on TBYnet.

I can get my 5030 in the barn for manure chores. I put on the tooth bar and go to town.