Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    JD455 & JD790

Default Re: Love this vehicle

I didn't realize that they still had new car showings anymore. I used to look forward to the October presentations. Now with the half year models and 2013s coming out in early 2012, it all seems so senseless. I don't mind the exterior color offerings as I go for the old traditional colors of red or white, But I don't like the interior offerings. It seems that everything is black or dark gray. Few tans are offered, and only on the upscale models. To me, new cars are a total turnoff.
    JD 790 w/70 FEL & 7 BH on turf tires
    JD 455 w/60" MMM & 54" front blade

Tractor
    Kioti CK30 HST

Try and buy a new Lounge suite in Australia... Black or Brown and maybe dark green. Add a couple of thousand or more if you want a different colour in leather and wait up to 3 months for it.
    With a CK30 you have the whole world in your hands.

Tractor
    John Deere LX172

Quote Originally Posted by Gem99ultra View Post
    You only had to compare one ride in a Sedan Delivery vs Panel Truck back then ;-) The Panel was a trucker's truck. And the Suburban had the same suspension. The Panel & Suburban's rode like a wagon.

Isn't it strange that GM will title a Suburban as a truck or as a 'car'? At least they did in Texas. I suppose it depended on your intended use or your whim.

It's nice to learn that we have a good number of car enthusiast here on TBN.
    I suppose my handle "2LaneCruzer" gave me away; I have a '59 and a '60 Impala. We attend quite a few car shows every year and enjoy seeing the scenery on the old 2 lane roads. I've found that car people are for the most part, good people.
    Have Wings, Will Travel.

Platinum Member

[QUOTE=JDgreen227;2867329]OUCH....my brother purchased a third hand '65 ragtop with the OEM 396 and factory side pipes back in '85 for a really good price and he traded it even up 4 yrs later for a '74 coupe with an automatic because his then-wife couldn't drive the stick in the '65. He has been kicking himself every since.

Those old big blocks are in super demand. I have a 66 427 / 425 coupe, black / black interior. She is a beast with 4 speed, positraction, and a radio. Spent four years on a drag strip and slept the last 41 years. Hopefully be on the road again this summer. There is a never ending style to those old C-2 coupes. Course the two split windows parked next to it are not bad either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234