Love this vehicle

/ Love this vehicle #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Went to a car show today, lots of restored and shiny muscle cars, Corvettes, street rods, etc but practically NOBODY even took a second glance at this '48 Chevy Fleetmaster, which is why I liked it so much.

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 589
   / Love this vehicle #2  
You mean Fleetline surely ?

/ Love this vehicle
You mean Fleetline surely ?

Did some research and although the hood or fender tag read Fleetmaster I am pretty sure it was a Suburban. It is VERY rare to find one of those pre-1950. On the right-hand side of the "Chevrolet" nameplate (underneath) of the raised hood is where I read "Fleetmaster" cannot really see it sharp enough. The cars were the one with the Fleetmaster model designation but I am pretty sure the hoods interchanged.

/ Love this vehicle #4  
That's about a 1954 Chevy Suburban with major mods to the front grill etc.

/ Love this vehicle #6  
This is our Chevy suburban. It's a little older then the one you found. Like 1929 old

Attachments

• image-2325151205.jpg
    image-2325151205.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 291
   / Love this vehicle
This is our Chevy suburban. It's a little older then the one you found. Like 1929 old

Thats beautiful and I think the first real Suburban was a 1935 model with an all metal body but yours is much more attractive.

The show entry tag I read that was on the front grille said the one in the pic was a 1948 model.

/ Love this vehicle #8  
Beautiful car robs.
I would like to have seen the blue and black one with a chrome grill and bumper bar though. Or did the grills come painted?

My daughter just took first prize for her '66 Mustang that was imported from the States a few years ago. I guess they are old hat there?

e15d2903.jpg

/ Love this vehicle
Alien...I saw one like hers at the car show yesterday, they are not all that commonplace but not rare either as Ford built so many of them. Back in high school my driver was a red '66 coupe with the 200 six and 3 speed, in '69 they were considered a small car but when I see one today I laugh at how large they are compared to the new econoboxes.

Loved the picture, good looking car and young lady :thumbsup:

/ Love this vehicle #10  
Beautiful car robs.
I would like to have seen the blue and black one with a chrome grill and bumper bar though. Or did the grills come painted?

My daughter just took first prize for her '66 Mustang that was imported from the States a few years ago. I guess they are old hat there?

e15d2903.jpg

What car.....:)