There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #11  
Wow thats some thick PI vines - I ate it as a kid, rolled in it, and never got it until mid twenties.

Then two years ago I got it systemically - it was in my blood - thats got to be the worst - it would pop out anywhere and everywhere every few days somewhere new. Never had anything like it. Finally I got prednesone pills and killed it once and for all but it took two weeks.

Cut it down when possible then keep mowing and spraying it to kill it.

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #12  
Whatever you do, DON'T BURN IT!!!

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #13  
I have heard that Samoan's are immune to PI.. I don't know if this is true or not.

James K0UA

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #14  
I'm 30 and have never had it. Even touched some this weekend to show my buddy it doesn't affect me. He said his g'pa was "immune," too....until they burned some and he almost died. No signs on the body, but his lungs and whatnot were messed up badly.

Hope I continue to be "immune" as I never even think twice when around the stuff. "Cow itch vine" and the other culprits around here don't affect me, either.

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #15  
maybe - but not to those who are immune.

Yup, me too. I can walk through it, cut it down, mow it and never have gotten poison ivy

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #16  
For years I could roll around in the stuff and never get it. Then about 4 years ago, I got a case of it and now every time I look at it, I get it. I've got it right now from walking around at my brother's property Sunday. I almost always have to get a shot of cortisone to finally get it to dry out and clear up.

My property (not at my house) has poison ivy everywhere. I cut all the vines 2 years ago from the bases of the trees, and I mowed and mowed. Guess what, it's still there and regrowing up the trees at lightning speed. Don't know how to get rid of it. I get it every time I bush hog there and never get off the tractor. I hate that stuff!

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #17  
For years I could roll around in the stuff and never get it. Then about 4 years ago, I got a case of it and now every time I look at it, I get it. I've got it right now from walking around at my brother's property Sunday. I almost always have to get a shot of cortisone to finally get it to dry out and clear up.

My property (not at my house) has poison ivy everywhere. I cut all the vines 2 years ago from the bases of the trees, and I mowed and mowed. Guess what, it's still there and regrowing up the trees at lightning speed. Don't know how to get rid of it. I get it every time I bush hog there and never get off the tractor. I hate that stuff!

I have your luck too. the stuff is just under the soil or leaf mass. it pokes thru and up comes a plant about 18 inches tall and nice and green. Then it crawls along and starts another. I was using 24d and some roundup, but its not totally killing it?I never want to be around any of it burning, it was horrible..

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #18  
what actually kills poison ivy fairly easily and quickly? i swear the stuff never actually gets killed and just re-appears the next year.

is there certain soil conditions or temperatures, or something that might changed? or something? *look frustrated from felling itchy from just reading this thread*

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #19  
Yeap. you would think, that cutting it with an ax would end it. Not so with PI..Be sure to avoid the nasty oozze that comes from the cuts...I make the leaves roll up with various chemicals and diesel fuel mix, it still survives and spreads..

/ There is poison ivy, and there is POISON IVY #20  
Poison Ivy never had any problems can roll in it,cedar and 100 other things-ALLERGIC go figure....